06

--

Word count ; 505

--

Next up was the grip strength test.

Mr Aizawa lined us up, I stood beside Hagakure and Bakugou.

 Assuming I was against them, I cracked my knuckles, warming up my hands.
I wasn't quite sure how my quirk would be able to help me for this, but I had to try.

I looked around, glancing from side to side, trying to spot Izuku in the line of students.

 I spotted him besides Yaoyorozu and Koda. He flashed me a warming and encouraging smile, which I attempted to return back.

"Alright, we'll start at the start of the line." I heard Aizawa say, "right!"

First up were Jirou, Todoroki and Shoji.

Out of nerves, I ended up tuning out most of the speaking, fidgeting nervously with the hem of the uniform and accidentally moving the bandages out of place.

I came out of my thoughts when I heard Mina and Uraraka speak about Shoji's score. "540 KG?!" I heard them exclaim, I gulped, a pit in my stomach forming.

'There's no way I'm going to beat that...' I thought, sighing quietly.

~~

I was up next. Taking a deep breath in, I stepped up to where we were told to. Taking the handgrip, I took a chunk out of a cloud from above us, separating it into four reasonable size pieces.

 Then I placed them comfortably, two on each hand, one on my palms and one at the middle of my fingers.

I looked up, seeing the timer was starting to count down.

'3!'

The pit grew bigger, I didn't know if this would work or not. But there is was no shame in trying.

'2!'

I glanced over at Izuku, noticing he was watching me with concentration and almost a look of worry written on his expression.

'1!'

This it it.

'Begin!'

I compressed the cloud, feeling the texture change and squeezed the hand grip. The grip closed, not fully, but definitely more than it usually did.

A number appeared onto the small device on the handgrip, '83 KG' it read.

I let out a dry chuckle of surprise, a relieved smile creeping onto my face as I relieved the amount of tension I was holding between my shoulders.

I saw Midoriya smiling at me, noticing it was better than my usual 71 KG. And for once, I fully smiled back. He looked a little taken back, but his usual demeanor came back around pretty quickly.

"Well done, L/N" Mr Aizawa said, I nodded in acknowledgement

. Bakugou was stronger than me, I knew that much, but I also knew Izuku wouldn't let me quit.

And that's all I needed right now.