09

--Word count ; 854

--

Word count ; 854

--

"I promise you." he mumbled again, mustering up a small but genuine smile.

"How about we hang out today after school? We can walk home together too." He said, ignoring the tears that were in his green eyes as he returned to his regular self again.

I nodded silently, not being able to get the courage to say something.

He smiled, "great! It's settled then!" Izuku smiled, I pulled away from his embrace, as much as I didn't want to.

"I guess we should get back to class.." I whispered.

He nodded, "but first let's get you to Recovery Girl's office and clean your arms up." He said, seeming like he forgot about his broken finger.

I nodded again, wrapping the old bandages around my arms again. 

He took my hand in his once more, looking around the corner to see if anyone were in the halls connecting to the corridor. "Alright, let's go."

Izuku lead us to Recovery Girl's office, noticing she was there.

"Take care of your broken finger first, I can wait." I smiled.

He nodded, sitting down on a medical bed as I sat in a chair besides him.

All Might had come inside as well, talking to Midoriya about One For All and how he was impressed with what he had done while Recovery Girl healed his broken finger.

I tuned out most of the talking, thinking it wasn't my place to listen to their conversation considering it was about One For All.

 And how I wasn't even supposed to know about it anyway.

"L/N? Young L/N?" I heard All Might say, shaking out of my... rather intrusive thoughts. I looked up at the pro-hero.

"I want you to keep an eye on Young Midoriya for me, he can get quite reckless with One For All." All Might said.

I nodded, "of course, you can count on me." I said softly.

He thanked me before leaving. Recovery Girl had left a few minutes after, being called to the teachers lounge.

"Y/N? Are you alright?" Izuku looked at me concerned.

"Huh? Yeah, why?" I questioned.

"Well... I noticed you zoned out while I was talking to All Might, and when you did, you had an unsettling grin on your face... one I've never seen before." He laughed nervously towards the end of his sentence.

It then dawned on me that while my intrusive thoughts came, I probably looked insane while thinking of ways to act on them.

I tried to compose myself and nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine, was just thinking of something personal." I said.

It wasn't exactly a lie.

Midoriya nodded, cautiously. "Alright... if you say so. Now let's get you cleaned and bandaged up." He smiled.

Izuku stood up, rummaging through the cabinets of the nurse's office. He pulled out a bottle of rubbing alcohol, a rag and a roll of bandages.

While he was doing that, I moved myself to sit on the medical bed where Izuku just was. He shut the door, sitting down in front of me and held my arms.

"This might hurt, alright? If it gets too much, just say so." He hummed as he unwrapped the bandages from my arms again.

I nodded, taking a deep breath to let him know I was ready.

I never really cleaned my cuts, considering I didn't exactly care if they got infected or not. Izuku put some rubbing alcohol onto the rag, looking at me to signal that he was going to do it.

He brought the rag to my cuts, I immediately winced at the stinging. 

"S-sorry!" Izuku apologized, cleaning them more carefully.

My eyes closed tightly, taking deep breaths to try to calm the pain.

--

"You did great!" Izuku smiled, just finishing cleaning the last wound. He put the bottle and rag down, grabbing the bandages now.

He held my arm, wrapping the bandages around my right arm first.

I sighed, I never wanted to wrap Izuku into this. "Hey, hey, it's alright! I don't mind doing this for you." He said, almost like he could read my thoughts.

Izuku somehow always did know what I felt and thought.

Midoriya then wrapped my left arm into bandages as well. "Anddd... we're done." He said happily, putting everything away and securing the bandages.

"Thank you, Izu." I said quietly, looking at the work he had done.

"Of course, N/N, anything to help you." He looked at me, squeezing my hand gently.

The bell had rung, signaling second period was over. We had missed it.

"We should really get doing to third period." Izuku chuckled nervously, "we're already late on our first day here!"

He helped me stand up from the bed, we then made our way to third period.