Free Agents

They kept walking down the road. "I can tell those metal gears inside your head are working. They're working real hard! Oh! They're malfunctioning!" Sam said, happily. "What I'm wanting to know is how are they super soldiers?" Bucky asked. "Well, we will find out. But we gotta find them again first." Sam responded. A military truck with no canvas pulled up beside them and then in front. "Well! That certainly wasn't great." John Walker said. He opened the back door. Sam and Bucky continued walking. Viktoriya did too. He closed the back door and the driver continued. "It's forty miles to the nearest airport. Come on guys." John insisted. The vehicle stopped as the three of them did. He opened the back door again. "Ladies first." He implied. Being polite. Viktoriya walked up then climbed in. Sam did after her and Lemar joined beside John, then Bucky climbed in. And he closed the door. "I'm John." He introduced to Viktoriya and put his hand out to her. She reached and held his hand in hers. "Viktoriya." She said. Then let go. "That's a beautiful name." He complimented with a smile. The men discussed the Flag Smashers and that they're super soldiers. Somehow a serum must have been made or still exists. Sam and Bucky still expressed a deep hate for John Walker. And Bucky ordered the driver to stop the vehicle. Then he jumped out and began to walk. "I'm not...trying to be Steve Rogers. Or replace him. I'm...trying to be the best Captain America that I can be." John said. Sam was still sitting in the vehicle and looking at John. Bucky was walking down a stone pathway. "To have Cap's best men alongside me would be great!" John added. "It's that damn last line." Sam said. Then he jumped out and began to follow Bucky.

Lemar and John looked to Viktoriya. "I don't hate you. But I am with them." She said. "I understand." John replied. She stood and walked to the back then held the top bar and door then swung her legs over the back and landed on the ground. She followed Sam and Bucky as the truck drove away. They walked to the airport and went into their plane. Bucky took off the leather jacket. Sam took off his jacket and laid back on the seats. The plane started and took off. Joaquin saw them looking defeated. Viktoriya walked away to another area and Joaquin followed. "What happened?" He asked her. She sat down. He sat near her. Not taking his eyes off of her. "Those Flag Smashers. You, met them." She told him. "Yeah! Yeah. Did they...kick your asses too?" He asked. "They...defeated...Bucky. And Sam. I, abandon them."
"Okay. So what's the plan now?"
"I do not know."
"Makes the both of us, I guess."
It was a quiet ride for an hour. Then they landed. Viktoriya stood and approached Sam and Bucky. The large hangar door opened and all four of them walked out. "We're gonna see somebody in the city." Bucky informed her. She gave a nod. "I come with." She said. "It might be better if you just wait here." Bucky told her. "I come with. Be help." She enforced. "Okay...." He said. She could tell in his tone, he really didn't want her along. She was curious. "Stop." She said. They both stopped and faced her. "I use bathroom." She said. "Okay. We'll wait." Sam said to her. She turned and ran off into the building. Finding the women's washroom and going inside. Joaquin watched Sam and Bucky.

"Babysit her. Okay?" Bucky said. And began to walk away. Sam looked to Bucky then Joaquin. Joaquin shrugged. "If she breaks free from you, I won't hold it against you." Sam said. Then followed Bucky. The two of them got into a car and left. Joaquin walked into the building and stood by some crates. He watched a couple minutes go by on his watch then he looked up and saw Viktoriya walking towards him. "Hey!" He said, happily. She walked up to him. "They go?" She asked him. He sighed. "Yeah. I'm sorry they ditched you." She said. She rested her hands on her hips and looked out. "Why he not want me with?" She asked. "I don't know either. I mean, you're awesome. And can hold your own." He complimented. She looked to him. "What they tell you?" She asked, lifting her chin as she did in a short moment. "They told me to babysit you." He honestly told her. She looked to the large opening. "Unbelievable." She remarked. He smiled then looked to the floor. Then back to her. "It's not so bad." He replied, with a smile. She looked to him. "Why?" She asked. "Why you like me?" She added. "You're beautiful. And, I think you're amazing. You have these, metal limbs because of Hydra. But they make you who you are." He answered. "I am an assassin. A killer." She replied. "Not anymore. And not to me." He told. "See, did you kill any of the Flag Smashers?" He asked her. She looked to the large open door. "Net." She replied. "Then you didn't assassinate. You haven't, either. In that time hunting Bucky. Did you?"
".....Net."
"You see? You've changed. Like he has. And, you have feelings now. Don't you?"
"Feelings."
"Yeah! Emotions. Inside of you. They're real. And they make us human."