Chapter 3

'Shh it's me.' The figure covered my mouth, trying to stop me from screaming. As my vision started getting clearer, I figured out who it was. I quickly pushed their hand away from my mouth.

'Blake, what are you doing here?'

'I was meeting some girl in her tent and I didn't know which one it was.'

'What's her name? Maybe I can help you find her.'

Bellamy paused, 'Uhm, Sophia? Wait no. Samantha?' I rolled my eyes at him then heard a loud groaning noise.

'What was that?'

'Jasper. Clarke said his fever isn't going away and he's still in pain.' Bellamy looked at me with a confused look. 'You didn't hear that all night?'

I shook my head, 'Nope I was sound asleep until I heard something in my freakin' tent. I thought you were a grounder.'

'How did you manage to sleep through Jasper's loud grunting but woke u-' Bellamy was interrupted by a loud screaming; this was definitely not Jasper. We quickly got out of our tent, following the scream. As we opened the tent, we noticed it was a little girl screaming in her sleep.

'Hey wake up, it's okay.' Bellamy kneeled down next to her and comforted her. She opened her eyes widely, catching her breath.

'It was just a dream. What's your name?' I asked as I sat down next to her.

'Charlotte. The dream felt so real.' She spoke, wiping her tears away from her cheeks.

Gently rubbing her back I asked, 'Do you want to talk about it?'

'It was about my parents. They were floated and I see that in my dreams now.'

'My mother was floated too.' Bellamy added, pulling out his knife. 'Fears are fears. Slay your demons when you're awake, they won't be there to get you when you sleep. Take this knife, it might help you.'

Charlotte took the knife and gripped it tightly, 'What do I do with the knife?'

'When you feel afraid, you hold tight to that knife and you say, "screw you. I'm not afraid."'

'Screw you. I'm not afraid.'

I smiled at myself as I watched Bellamy take care of Charlotte. I knew he had a sister but I never imagined him as a guy to show sympathy. Tonight was definitely the night that changed my views on Bellamy.

After we put Charlotte back to bed, we got out of the tent. 'Wow, good job Blake.'

He chuckled as he shook his head, 'You know I'm not all bad.'

'Then why do you put up a front?'

Before Bellamy opened his mouth to answer, John interrupted us. 'Y/N? Bellamy? Never thought I'd see you two talking without strangling each other's throats.'

'John, I'm not that mean.' I laughed as I walked towards my boyfriend.

'Yeah, sure.' He joked with me as went back to my tent.

I turned around and faced Bellamy, 'Night, Blake.'

'Goodnight Reyes.'

✤ · ✤ · ✤ · ✤ · ✤

The bed was empty again; I sighed as I put my shirt back on, wondering where John might have gone this time. As I walked out of my tent, I went into the dropship to check on Jasper.

'Did you sleep last night Clarke?' I questioned.

She shook her head, 'I'm alright. I'm just worried about Jasper.'