Encounter

Chapter 2

Why did he feel that way? The girl had been on his mind ever since then. That girl named (Y/n). Todoroki knew he wouldn't be forgetting that name anytime soon. It was such a pretty name too.

He sat thinking this at a local coffee shop on a Saturday morning. Todoroki wanted to get away from the dorms, most of the kids were so loud there and wasn't the best place to catch up on his studies. Papers and a couple books laid out around him, he also held a cup of coffee in his hand. In the other hand he held onto a black pen, occasionally circling or writing something down that should be memorized.

This was not the first time he had came to this coffee shop, he's been here too many times to count. Todoroki found it very peaceful to study here, where no one bothered him. It was a quite place for the boy, like his safe spot. That's why never in a million years he thought the girl from the training room would come through those doors. It was hard to keep his mind from wandering as it was with (Y/n) on his mind all day long, now here she was ordering by the counter. That feeling of missing something passed over him again. Why did (Y/n) make him feel that way?

She stood there by the counter, pleasantly ordering stuff off from the menu. (Y/n) wear a red skirt that went above your knees and a light blue sweater. Todoroki had never seen something that he could describe as cute before. Now seeing her he now could.

Although the scrapes and scratches he seen before on her were still visible on your cheek and on her legs. Todoroki went through a few possibilities on what could've happend to her. Could she have fallen? Something might've attacked her. Or perhaps she just scrapped yourself on a sharp object. None of those seemed to fit the story of the marks on (Y/n, not that he would've wanted her to fall, have her attacked, or her hurting yourself. No. Not at all. Todoroki was in training to be a hero, to help people, not hope they get hurt.

Her order was ready for her to take and for her to go off and find a table as she liked. Her (h/c) hair blocking some of her face. The boy who was studying, or at least trying too, watched her as she glanced around to find the perfect place to set. Then she had laid her (e/c) eyes on the boy, Todoroki Shoto. The boy with a super cool quirk. She smiled gently at him as she walked over to his table.

"How do you do?" (Y/n) asked excitedly.

Todoroki's eyes studied her face for a moment. "Good."

The girl watched as he sat the cup of coffee he was holding onto the table which had papers scattered here and there. (Y/n) thought it looked funny. She hadn't known him for long but she didn't think he would be the type to put his papers and books all over the place. Though, some papers were neatly stacked into a pile.

"May I sit here?" She gestured turns the empty seat by the table.

Todoroki's eyes clouded with confusion. Why would anyone want to sit with him? He wasn't very exciting or cool. His quirk and burn on his face is what brought any attention to him. No one really wanted to get to know him more but Midoriya. Perhaps she were like the green haired boy and enjoyed making friends and found it easy to do such things, when he found it hard too. Maybe that's what made she special.

"Uh, sure." Why he was still confused by her question, he wouldn't mind if she sat across the table top from him while he studied. As long as she didn't get in the way of course.

(Y/n) drank some of her coffee. Her (e/c) eyes followed Todoroki's moments. Carefully watching as he underlined more words and sentences. She thought of it as relaxing...and boring. A conversion would sure spice things up a bit.