Harmless prank

Chapter 7

"What's going on?" (Y/n) asked. She sounded worried.

"I don't know." Todoroki came back.

The library lights were still flickering on and off. It could've just have been the power or something wrong with the electricity, but Todoroki sinced otherwise. He could tell something was off. The lights have never done this before as Todoroki knew. It should not happen now.

A woman walked passed them. A woman with a child. "Mommy? Mommy what's wrong with the lights?" You could tell just by hearing the child's voice that it was on the verge of tears. The child was frightened by the lights.

Todoroki felt like he was a detective with a mystery to solve. And that's what he planned on doing. (Y/n) wasn't very frightened by the flicker. They were only lights after all. Todoroki didn't fear them either. He was not scared of the dark.

First question that would help to solve this issue would be: where are the light switches located? That may be the problem. Todoroki knew that this may take some time. Ready and better than ever, he was up for the task. He would have to find his destination to began.

"(Y/n), do you remember where the light switches are?"

She stopped and thought for a moment. She laid a finger on her chin. "I...don't remember really." Her voice trailed off wearily. "I'm sorry. I'm not really any help at these things."

No help? But your perfect (L/n). Thought Todoroki. Perfect...Nobody's perfect.

If nobody is perfect why did Todoroki think that this girl was? He had hardly knew her, get to know her. Everyone had flaws. Everyone. Even All Might had them, and still does. This (Y/n) girl was no exception.

Todoroki shook his head. "It's fine. We'll go ask someone else or find it ourselves."

Through the dashing lights Todoroki saw her eyes grow wide. "We'll? Did you say we?"

The boy nodded his head. "Yeah. Now, come on. We got to find those switches." Said Todoroki.

Finally leaving the isle, Todoroki was going into the non-fiction area. He hadn't a clue on where the light switches were, but he wished to find them fast. Those flickering lights were really starting to bother his eyes. The room almost felt like it was spinning.

"Can you find anything, (L/n)?" Todoroki was putting his hand up to the walk, feeling around for the light switches. They were not found by his hands, but it was worth a shot.

"No. I...I can't really see. These lights are really annoying." (Y/n) stood in another isle in the non-fiction room. She wasn't too far. Todoroki was able to hear her voice from where she stood.

He nodded. She couldn't see that he did, Todoroki posited to do so anyway. His thoughts might of been off. The light switches aren't in the non-fiction area. Todoroki sighed after his realization. They, the two of them had to find it somewhere else. Which meant more walking with bothersome lights.

Todoroki walked into the next isle of (Y/n)'s. They both lead each other to a second room, still hoping to fix this problem. Todoroki hadn't been in this part of the library much so he couldn't identify what section they were in. He dragged one of his hands against the wall while (Y/n) did the same to a different one. Can't take to long. Ok, maybe a long while.

"Todoroki, I don't think this method is working." Said (Y/n) after being in the same room of the library for ten minutes.

Todoroki honesty thought the same. He thought he could've solved this dumb issue in no time flat. He was wrong. Even with the help of (Y/n), he was incapable of finding some light switches. Todoroki was about to give in.