Paper and pen

Chapter 23

Did time stop moving, or he sat there so stilly that he wasn't even moving a little bit? She could hardly move herself to check. She wished to know about her dad, Shota that was in the car with her at the time that that villain had caused them to crash. She remembered some parts of it, bits and pieces were missing, but she could recall all the details of...Kakashi's face. That tan skin, his hand guiding down her neck, how he grinned while he did it. The memory sent shivers down her spine, how her cut across her neck was caused.

A hand brushed ran through his white and red hair, roughing it up. Once his hand left, his perfectly brushed hair was messy. (Y/n) dared say he appeared better with his messy hair than with neatly kept.

"...I'm sorry. I feel like I've failed you."

Time wasn't stopped then. His hand brushed through (Y/n)'s (h/c) hair once his hand left his side again. She felt as his figures gilded and picked at her strands of hair. Oddly, it seemed to stir the worries of her father more then ever.

Shoto...say something about him. You've had to have heard something about his condition. (Y/n) begged on in her mind. Todoroki might've said that he felt like he failed her, but she knew he didn't. That was the last thing he did. Todoroki couldn't have possibly saved himself from stepping on top of the dirt, activating the bomb to exploding, destroying the school, well, half of it anyway. Todoroki didn't know about the school, she didn't hear the news about her father. Guess they were even. They could only guess the worst.

"I'll have to ask a doctor about you, see how long it'll take her neck to heal. If you can...regain your voice back." His soft voice warmed her cold heart a tad. It did make her feel better, his own voice could heal people. She smiled at the thought.

She didn't think if she never regained her voice again. She would wouldn't she? A quirk had to be able to help her, if not heal all on her own. Quirks... (Y/n) hadn't used hers in a while, she could use it on Todoroki. No, that may be a bad idea, using it on her crush. What if his feelings held some secret meaning to her father? Her dad was the teacher of class 1-A.

Todoroki's feelings were complicated, they should be. With all the thing that had happened lately, no wonder. He was sad, she could already could tell that, but it was sadder to know the level of despair he felt right then. If she had had the strength, she'd pull her body up to her feet and kiss him and hug the poor boy. Because all he was doing now was playing with her hair with a sad look in his eyes.

It'll be back to normal soon. The police were there when the doctors came and got me. They must've got the villains... Kakashi. Maybe there was some way on telling him this.

She laid out her arm, hand lightly making contact with his arm playing with her hair, getting his attention. Once his eyes were stuck on her and not her hair she put her hand out, her other hand and figures following. She stretched her figures into sticks, her figures dragging along the palm of her hand in a weak motion, trying to make a form of a pen on paper though she was still weak from the fight against Kakashi and that girl. She can't talk, but she could write.

Todoroki's eyes widened in acknowledgment. In a side desk by her bed that she rested upon, he went over a pulled out a drawer, taking out a note pad and small blue pen. He hovered over by (Y/n) once more, but with paper and pen, handing the objects to her to take into belonging.

She knew well enough she wouldn't be able to sit up, while it was default to write laying down she was going to succeed. Tenderly, she took the objects, eyeing them slightly. Putting her arms above her head, she began to write on the paper the only way she could. The handwriting was bad yet readable to a glance. And she passed the note pad to Todoroki.