Chapter 21

Waverly's POV

"Will you just sit down waverly" Gus says from the table.

I stop pacing the kitchen. I sit down in front of Gus and Curtis.

"I can't believe it. She's a beast a a monster. We let her in. Fed her and everything. I .. I loved her." I say breaking in to tears.

"Right stop that right now. Those words do not get used in this house." Gus says grabbing my hand.

"But"

"No buts. We should have told you the truth yes but we didn't know how you would have reacted. Waverly. And that. She didn't need you coming out with a knife." She says trying to not sound angry.

"I just"

"Yes we know you where scared." She looks at my uncle. He nods before continuing. "I was to. When your uncle first told me. I was scared. I stopped talking to him. I researched and it only made it worse. So I gave him a chance I let him speek for him self. Because what gave me the right to judge him on something he could not control"

"Wait uncle Curtis is a " I don't even finish the sentence before his eyes flashed amber.

"Yes I am. And there's so much hate out there. Old tales of all the bad things a few lone or rouge wolfs done that ended up with us all getting that same label. Beast. Monster. Evil. But the truth is wolfs protect mundanes like you and your aunt."

"Protect us from what?" I ask still in aw and shock.

"Well Demons mostly. But there is some wolfs out there that believe in hunting humans for sport. So we protect you from them as well." He says finishing his sentence before moving to stand up to get water.

"When Nicole came to us she was a small nine year old. We heard about her from the pack alpha. Reposts of a pup with the founders traits. It's never been seen before so we knew we had to help keep her safe. As some wolfs would want to kill her believing they could get the traits them self. Making them legendary as well."

I sit there taking on every word.

"She leaned fast. Boy did she ever. But she was also so far behind. After her farthers death her mum found out about her being a wolf like he was. She mistreated her in awful ways. As a child you only know what you where taught and she was taught that she was this monster that didn't deserve anything. She was scared to death of eveything even us. No matter how many times your uncle show her his eye she just kept to her self. After a few months she came around. After that we had her attend the academy. It's like a wolf school almost. It's also known as the pack house. Any meetings or missions the wolfs go there to get filled in before heading out."

"So like a police station?" I ask.

"Yea exactly like that. She's one of the best pups that's been trained. She's so balanced. And being one of the first mundane,wolf hybrid she was always catching the instructors eye. When she wolfed up for the first time there was no doubt about the roomers. But look in your heart waverly has she ever gave you any reason otherwise. For you to believe she's dangerous?"

"But the book said"

"Yes the book. But you can't always believe what you read. Go talk to her. You will know in your heart. As I did was your uncle." She smile as he put his hand on her shoulder.

"Plus we are great in bed because our sex drives are off the chain" he smiles causing Gus to elbow him.

"You just need to make it awkward" Gus says trying not to laugh.

I smile. "Okay I'll talk to her. Erm Curtis what dose 'The true alpha' mean?"

"That's a story for another night. Just go and talk to her." He said hugging me.