Chapter 6

The bells rang, our classes and week had concluded.

The weekend yet again arrived, and we were anxious to have some fun.

We gathered in the parking lot, awaiting Joe and his SUV. Prior to the day, we already informed our parents about our activities.

“What’s taking Joe so long?” Anna complained while tapping her iPhone.

Joe held this philosophy of frequently being fashionably late. That habit isn’t fashionable, it’s annoying.

“He should be here any…” I paused as I noticed a white SUV in the distance. It was his.

It steered toward the direction of the parking lot, and then halted as it neared the curb.

The shotgun seat’s window lowered, and Joe’s face was revealed.

“Hey, guys.” He said “Hop on.”

“Why are you riding shotgun, Joe?” I asked.

“Cause’ my mom’s driving.” He answered.

He leaned on the chair, and then his Mrs. Donahue waved with a friendly smile “Hello, kids!”

“Hi, Mrs. Donahue.” I greeted.

“Who are your new friends, guys?” His mom inquired.

“This is Olivia,” I pointed toward Olivia, “That’s Anna,” I pointed at Anna, “And this is Jane.” I finally directed her gaze at Jane.

“Let’s ride?” Joe asked.

We entered the vehicle. Surprisingly, it was so large that it could accommodate us all.

The vehicle accelerated and then travelled in the highway and we were bound for the mall.

I grabbed my phone, and I texted Joe “Y is ur mom drivin?”

He replied “She doesn’t trust me.”

After thirty minutes, we finally reached our destination.

“Have fun, kids!” Mrs. Donahue said.

“Bye mom.” Joe said in relieved farewell. “Well, she’s gone, let’s?”

We entered the mall, which was as I have mentioned, filled with patrons.

That melodic shopping music filled the air, a gale of air-conditioned wind blew us, and the smell of various flavors from the food court entered our nostrils.

“So guys,” I said “What do you wanna do? Catch a movie, go shopping, eat, or talk?”

“Let’s go browsing.” Jane suggested. “Who’s all in favor of shopping?”

She, Olivia, and Anna raised their hands. We were outnumbered.

“Next time, we’re bringing Bill along.” Joe said.

“Where do we go first?” I said.

“You’ll see, c’mon guys.” Olivia said.

They directed us to “Teen Wear”, a local shop that sells clothing, accessories, cosmetics, and shoes for teenagers.

The atmosphere of the shop smelled of perfume, and Justin Bieber music was playing from speakers.

“Come with us, Joe.” Anna and Jane pulled Joe to a rack of clothes.

That boy has no fashion sense. He doesn’t seem to be concerned with what he wears. He once told me he would be comfortable walking in his underwear.