Chapter 7: Ice Cream Shop

"Alright, that is the end of class today I'll see you all next week monday" The professor said grabbing his suitcase and exiting class first. Ryan looked at me "So Lydia I was curious and I know this is pretty random and sudden but umm do you maybe wanna go get ice cream with me across the street?" My heart stopped dead in my chest. Did Ryan just ask me out? I nodded my head and grabbed his hand. He smiled at me and grabbed my books for me. "Here let me carry those" I smiled "Thank you." "So you believe in love at first sight?" I asked smiling. Ryan walked in front me holding my books in between his arms. "Yeah don't you?" He asked smirking. "I never really thought about it I guess." As Ryan led the way to the ice cream shop I couldn't help but stare at him as he walked in front of me. He had a sorta bad boy walk to him but he wasn't a bad boy. He was a good boy. The kind you could just snuggle up to at night. I was snapped back into reality as Ryan said "We're here." He opened the door for me and smiled. "My Lady" he said in an English boy accent. "Thank you kind sir." I said also in an English accent. Even though I suck at accents. "Where would you like to sit?" I pointed to a table by the window. "Over there is fine" I said gesturing my hand. "Alright I'll go get us ice cream you go sit" I smiled and began to walk to the table. "Oh, and Lydia." I turned my head as my hair came around my shoulder landing gently on my arm. "What's your favorite ice cream?" I smiled "Mint" He nodded and went to stand in line. I sat down at the table and just smiled. I couldn't stop smiling. This was all happening. I was with a cute guy who seems to genuinely like. My first actually boyfriend. Okay lie I dated a guy in high school named Zayn but that didn't work out obviously. "Hello." A voice send to the side of me. I nearly jumped out of my seat as the little boy stood right beside me. This little boy looked and dressed like he was from the early 20's. "I know you can see me. Don't try and ignore me." "Oh my God you scared the life out of me..." The little boy gave me a look. "Oh right sorry." I said looking away trying not to smile. "Is that your boyfriend over there? Buying you ice cream?" The little boy asked staring at Ryan. I smiled and shook my head "No no he's not my boyfriend." I said chuckling. "I remember when my parents used to get ice cream with me together." I looked at the little boy as his smile turned to a frown. "I don't see my parents anymore" He said looking down. I felt a shroud of sadness come over me. "Where are they?" He shook his head and shrugged his arms. "I don't know" he said blandly. "I bet they're in the light. You should go and be with them." I said smiling. "The light?" He said like I was crazy to tell him that. "Yeah the light what's wrong with what I said?" I asked. "This man told me the light was bad and that if I go there I'll never see my family again." I felt a lump in my throat. "What man?" I asked. "I don't remember what he looked like all I know was that he could see me just like you can." I squinted my eyes. "Wait he's not a ghost." I asked. "No, he was alive" I turned my head. A guy on campus can see ghost just like me. Why is he telling him the light is bad? "Don't listen to him okay? The light is good" I looked over the little boy to see Ryan was walking over with our ice cream. "Go now I'll talk to you later" The boy smiled "Have fun" I did a stupid smirk at the little boy and sat forward. "Why are you smiling?" Ryan asked smiling at me. "I don't know just am happy that's all" I said. Ryan handed me my ice cream and smiled at me. "So tell me about you." he said lifting up his spoon taking a small bite out of his ice cream. "What do you wanna know?" I said also doing the same. "Anything... everything" He said. I smirked. "I thought you said you could read people. Why don't you tell me about me." "Alright" He said in a deep low voice as he smiled. "Alright" I smiled back.