part 2 - nightmare

Your POV:

I noticed how Nat reacted quite dismissively again and wondered why she was acting like that. I have a good knowledge of people and I know very well that she has a soft side. I really would have liked to talk to her longer, maybe get to know her a little better. This will hopefully come up later. I closed the door behind me and began to unpack my suitcase.

Only now did I realize that I was only packing casual clothes. I loved oversized t-shirts and sweaters. I basically live in it. But I definitely should have packed something fancier too. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to go shopping later. Besides my comfortable clothes, I also packed some sportswear. I was wondering when we would start training and who exactly would train me. 'This may be the last chance to get my strength under control' I thought. 'I really have to give everything, otherwise I don't know what to do anymore'.

I kept rummaging through my suitcase. I discovered my parents' picture, which I always took with me when I went away. They looked so happy in this picture. I shot the picture during our summer vacation. That was not only the nicest, but also the last vacation we spent together. Suddenly a wave of sadness came over me. That sadness that always came over me when I thought about my parents.

In a world full of superheroes and magic, it was absurd to me that they died of a death as simple as a car accident. I don't want this to sound silly, but I always thought something crazy was going to happen. It not only made me feel depressed, but also angry at the same time. Because if I had been with them I might have been able to help. Maybe, might... But it wasn't like that and I had to learn to accept it.

Having cleared all the cupboards and emptied my suitcase, I sat on the bed. It was quite big, as was the rest of the room. It was very aesthetically furnished, very modern and the furniture had a high quality look. I liked the color of the wood. A dark mahogany wood with black metal elements. It reminded me of an industrial design.

I looked at my watch and noticed that it was getting really late - 7:21 pm. 'How quickly time flies when you are actually busy with something'. I wondered whether I should go to the kitchen and get a little something to eat. I decided to sneak into the kitchen. Because I knew exactly that if I wanted to sleep, I would otherwise be lying in bed hungry later. So I went to the kitchen, being careful that I didn't disturb anyone. I tried to not attract any attention to myself in general.

When I got to the kitchen, I saw Wanda standing by the stove. She was cutting vegetables when she looked up and saw my presence. She smiled. I don't know what it was, but her smile hit a spot in my heart that always warmed when she looked at me. Wanda: 'Hi y/n, are you hungry too? If you like you can have something when I'm done. It might take another 25 minutes if you're patient'. 'That's really nice of you' I replied. 'If you don't mind I'd love to have dinner with you. Or do you ...?' She cut me off and said: 'You don't need to go on. You do not disturb. In fact, it would be nice if I didn't have to eat alone. Maybe we can get to know each other a little better that way'. 'Sounds great. Can I help you with anything?' I looked at her inquiringly. Again she gave me a smile and answered quickly: 'Just be careful that the chicken meat doesn't burn'. At that moment, it felt like the two of us had known each other for a little longer than just a few hours. I liked her company. She was a pleasant person. While we were cooking, we exchanged standard information. She told me that she and her brother Pietro grew up in Sokovia. After her parents died from a grenade, they volunteered for experiments carried out by HYDRA, which awakened hers and Pietro's powers. In the end, however, they joined the Avengers to fight for good. She was talking quite confused and also mentioned that she had lost her brother and first love.

I noticed that it was not easy for her to talk about it. So I tried to change situation and said: 'Well Wanda, do you always cook alone or does someone else help you? Do you eat together or how is it going?' She giggled. 'Since everyone is always very busy — it depends on which mission they are and who is out where — everyone usually cooks for themselves or for two. In the evening we usually have 1 or 2 meals that we enjoy together. We have breakfast together more often.' I nodded. 'I understand. Doesn't sound too bad at all. That's one thing I could definitely get used to.'