part 9 - How are you gonna decide?

The days passed. I spent most of the time exercising on my own. Nat, Wanda, and I didn't avoid each other, but we didn't talk much either. I was sitting in the living room, taking a sip of y/f/drink and watching y/f/tv show when Nat just walked by in her workout clothes and glanced at me. She wore black leggings and a black tank top, which emphasized her toned body. Her red hair was tied in a ponytail, a few strands of hair fell into her slightly flushed face. I watched her go and drooled a sip of my drink from my mouth. Lucky that she didn't see that. I didn't want to embarrass myself any more.

But I decided, since I still wanted to train today anyway, to quickly throw on my training clothes and join Nat. Since our common mission started soon, it would be better to train together and that way I could break the embarrassing silence between us. So I quickly threw on a pair of shorts and a tank top, slipped into my sports shoes and tied my hair in together. I rushed to the gym and took another quick breath before entering the room.

N: "Finally, I thought you are mad at me..." She said, looking at the punching bag in front of her as she punched it a few times.

Y/n: "Well... Hello to you too, Natasha. I could say the same to you. In fact, I would love to exercise with you if you feel like it." I replied.

N: "Sure! If it's with you, I always feel like it." After a few warm-up exercises, Nat requested: "Let's get in the boxing ring. I want to see how your technique has already improved."

I looked at the small bench next to the boxing ring and focused my gaze on the boxing gloves that were lying on it. I was walking quickly towards the bench when Nat stopped me.

N: "We fight with our bare hands. Or do you think we'll have time to get our gloves out during the mission. I bet the enemies are gonna be so friendly and wait for us."

Y/n: "You're probably right." I giggled as I slipped through the ropes of the ring and stood upright in front of her. We stood face to face and she looked deep into my eyes. Her eyes, so beautifully green, I could lose myself in them every time. Her plump lips, her snub nose... Indulging in my thoughts, Nat quickly interrupted me and said:

N: "Ready, y/n?"

Y/n: "In any case!" At that moment I started to build up my cover and tried to land a few hits, which Nat skillfully dodged.

N: "Too slow!" She smirked at me. She dodged every blow from me without any effort. She didn't even try to land a hit on me.

Y/n: "I want you to fight seriously. Don't just avoid me." I challenged her.

She rolled her eyes and I could see the expression on her face turn into a more serious expression. Her posture changed, she pushed her shoulders back, her hands clenched more tightly into fists. She tilted her head to one side. She didn't even look away from me. I felt goose bumps rising up my neck. Maybe I didn't want her to fight seriously anymore after all. I knew I had absolutely no chance.

I was able to avoid the first punches from her, I went over to the defensive because she was increasing the pace quickly and I could hardly keep up. I felt the sweat run down my loop and how my breathing continued to increase. My heart beat faster. Nat, on the other hand, did not look strained, only her face and cleavage were slightly reddened. But I was able to get used to the pace well and so I tried to put a punch with the self-confidence I had gathered over the last few minutes. "Too slow" I thought at that moment when she suddenly grabbed my wrist, pulled me down and swung her body 180 degrees to the side. She threw her legs around my neck and myself to the floor with it. My body overturned and I hit the hard training floor on my bare back.

Y/n: "Fuck! What was that?" Puffed out of me as I writhed on the floor in pain. Without uttering a peep, Nat was on top of me, straddling her legs, both of them next to my thighs. She pressed my arms to the ground and looked at me mischievously and with wide eyes.

N: "You wanted me to be serious."

Y/n: "Can you repeat that, please? I didn't quite get it." I smirked. She leaned closer to my face, our lips only a few inches apart.

N: "You wanted me to be serious." She breathed towards me. I could feel her warm breath on my lips, which gave me goosebumps all along my back again.

But I took the chance and quickly pulled one of my arms out of her grasp. She had slipped because it wasn't as firm as it was before. I slapped her supporting arm aside, causing her to fall to one side. I quickly threw my legs over her, straightened up and turned us both over so that I was now sitting on her.

N: "You did your homework thoroughly, huh?" I could clearly see that she liked this position as I sat on her.

Y/n: "I watched you and Steve training yesterday and copied one or the other thing." I winked at her. "That is very advantageous, not only in a combat."

N: "Do you have any more tricks like that in store? I would like if you show me them too." I noticed how the tone in her voice changed. It was full of lust. Her eyes trailed over my face, the color of them now in a darker green. I watched as she stared at my lips and kept looking back into my eyes. I wanted to kiss her so badly. She raised her arms towards me, threw them around my neck and pulled me down to her. Before our lips could touch, she paused and asked: "Tell me, y/n, how are you gonna decide?"

I raised my left eyebrow, the confusion literally written on my face. Before I could ask Nat, what she meant by that, Wanda showed up in the training room.

W: "Oh, you two are busy..." She scratched the back of her head with one hand and just turned to leave.

I straightened up from Nat and got up from the floor, adjusting my clothes. Y/n: "Don't worry, we're done here, I think." I gave Nat a confused look.

N: "Sure! How can we help you, Wanda?" Likewise, Nat now got up, straightened her tank top and pulled the strands of hair to one side.

W: "Y/n, I wanted to help you regulate your strength with a few basics. But I think you are already well exhausted from training with Nat..." She said in a sarcastic voice. And of course, I could see her rolling her beautiful eyes.

Y/n: "Give me a few hours... to take shower and a nap. If you promise not to be too hard on me, you are welcome to show me a thing or two." I could see how Wanda's lips formed a sweet smile. She was pleased with my answer.

W: "Don't rush, I don't want to strain you too much before the mission. Tomorrow morning is enough. After all, we still have one day before our mission starts the day after tomorrow. Sleep off, it will be exhausting." With a sugar-sweet smile, she turned around quickly and left the training room again.

N: "It's very good that you will finally learn to control your powers. After all, we don't want you to explode." She teased me, poking her elbow on my hip and crawled through the ropes of the ring to drink some water.

Y/n: "I'm a little scared, but I think Wanda will be able to help me well."

N: "Yeah, I'm sure she's gonna do that..." She said, turning away from me. I noticed immediately that the mood had changed. But I wondered what had changed now. A few days ago, even the night after our escapade, everything was still good and now both are quite dismissive and react quickly to offense.

Y/n: "By the way, thank you. You're a great training partner, Nat." I tried to change the mood a bit.

N: "How about a run tomorrow morning before you train with Wanda?" She asked.

Y/n: "Gladly, then just knock on my room door tomorrow? 7:30am?"

N: "I'll be there!" She grabbed her towel and her water bottle and disappeared into the adjoining bathroom.

I decided to train a little more. Because I sorely needed it. I tried to unleash what Nat was talking about earlier. Decide? For what? Between the two? I really can't and don't want to choose...

-

A/n

I just wanted to thank you all rq for the sweet messages you wrote me the past couple of days. Some of y'all are really cute mfs haha. I appreciate that a lot, love you guys <3