part 4 - welcome party

Your POV:

I ended the training early enough to knowingly avoid the situation. That's what I always do. I avoid situations like this because I've never learned to react properly and communicate appropriately. I wish I was better at talking about my feelings and worries. Lost in thoughts, I bumped into Wanda. It seemed like she was looking for me because she was coming right up to me. She brushed her hand on my shoulder and asked if everything was okay. I was always amazed at how sensitive she was. Until now she always noticed immediately when something was wrong. With crossed arms she looked deep into my eyes. She probably expected an honest answer from me. I smiled at her and said that I was tired of training and that I would like to discuss it later. She nodded and said: 'That fits very well. I was trying to find you because I wanted to ask if you'd like to have lunch with me? Maybe we'll get something outside and go to the park together? How do you like that?' 'I'd love to! I need that now,' I replied quickly. 'I'll pick you up from your room in an hour. Is that enough time for you to shower and get ready?' 'Of course, see you then!' Blissfully I went to my room at a fast pace and immediately jumped into the shower. I was very happy to spend a few hours with Wanda. She made me feel relaxed and I could forget all my worries with her presence.

I was just slipping into my blue mom jeans when I heard a knock on the door. 'You can come in' I shouted to the knocking person. 'Are you ready?' Wanda was now standing in my room and looking at my outfit. 'You look great, y/n!' She flattered me. 'Thanks, I can only give that back' I smiled. I put on my shoes, grabbed my wallet, and pushed Wanda to the door. I touched her hips and lower back and shoved her out of my room. 'Somebody's in a hurry,' she teased. 'You have no idea how hungry I am, I'm literally dying' I giggled. 'What would you like to eat?' she looked at me questioningly. 'That's a good question! I don't know the area that well yet. It would be nice if you just show me around and tell me what you like. I actually eat everything. But I'm allergic to peppers and tomatoes.' Wanda: 'I make a note of that. I already have an idea where we can go.'

Evergreen - I read the big green sign above the shop that Wanda led me to. 'Sounds like a lot of vegetables' I laughed. 'You can create your own bowl with your favorite ingredients. You have to try the Potato Avocado Bowl. I swear you will love it' she spoke very passionately about the food, which made me grin. She took it very serious. 'Okay, I trust you and just take the same thing like you do.' We walked into the little shop. The small restaurant was very nicely decorated, everything was sustainable with lots of home-made furniture and the most beautiful plants. I liked this place right away and looked at the pictures on the wall. 'You could have told me that you are a regular here, Wanda.' I looked at a picture on the wall in which she sat, beaming with joy, at a table with the shopkeeper eating together. 'In fact, it's a funny story. I discovered the restaurant when I was accepted into the Avengers and then always came here regularly for lunch or just for a snack. One day when I was about to order something again, a robbery took place. The person hadn't noticed that I was there and was overwhelmed by me. The shopkeeper was so happy that he immortalized me here and now I can eat for free. And whenever I need someone to talk to, he'll have an open ear for me.' 'That sounds great. So do we get free food today?' I gently poked my elbow into her hip and gave her a playful look. 'For sure... Let's order. Hey, Eddie! I'd like to have what I always order, twice. For the second bowl, please do not use tomatoes and the spice you use for the paprikash.' Eddie greeted her warmly and also addressed a few nice words to me. 'Hey, Wanda. Who did you bring with you? A Newcomer?' He looked at me scrutinizing. 'Right, that's y/n. She has now been with us for almost 2 days and is being trained by me and Natasha. She'll be an Avenger one day.' Eddie smiled warmly and said: 'Great! Then I will hopefully be able to add another regular guest to my list in the future' 'If she likes your food, I think so' Wanda scrunched her nose and looked at him cheeky. I loved that way of smiling on her. I have no idea how someone can smile like that and look so cute doing it.