Chapter 11: Another Chapter Title Goes Here

July 10th, 2478

"Thank you, Guinevere." Nicholas ran a hand through his bed-head. "I think we needed that."

"You did," Guinevere affirmed. She set down a mug of coffee in front of him. Alexandria was already sitting at the table, glasses slightly askew, but otherwise fairly put together. You could tell she was one of those people who wasn't exactly a morning person, but wasn't exactly not a morning person either. She nodded a hello, then turned back to staring at the coffee cup in front of her.

She didn't drink coffee.

But she would for Guinevere. Reaching out to grab it, she had just picked it up when she realized that Guinevere was staring at her.

"What?"

"Do you want coffee? Because I'll make you some, but that was for me." Guinevere gave a smile. "You struck me as a tea drinker." Guinevere was a morning person. She held out a mug of green tea that Alexandria gratefully accepted.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"So, Guinevere, did you let Amaryllis know you wouldn't be going in to work today?" Nicholas took a sip of his coffee, trying to get as much in his system as he could at first. For the caffeine boost.

"Oh! Thanks for reminding me." Guinevere pulled out her Watch and began to tap out a communication to her boss. She hit send. "I have now."

"Excellent." Nicholas took another sip. This time, he let it wash over his tongue and fill his mouth with flavour. The coffee was black and bitter.

Oh good, everyone can get a glimpse into what my soul looks like.

"She's asking if I can run over the flyer and then come back," Guinevere said. Alexandria was still silent, gently swishing her tea bag back and forth.

There are some things--foodwise--that I felt humanity couldn't go without. Orange juice, coffee, tea. Mostly it was caffeinated morning drinks because there was no way that I would have been able to last four hundred years without them.

"That's fine by me." Nicholas ran his hand through his hair again. If he really wanted it brushed, he should have just combed it before he went into the living room. "I'm sure Christopher won't mind either."

Christopher was still asleep.

"Alex? Do you have any objections?"

"Nope." Alexandria blinked a little, still waking up. She saw Guinevere's worried face and gave a reassuring smile. "I'm waking up. Give me twenty minutes and I'll be just fine."

"Okay." Guinevere was hesitant, but when Alexandria got up and kissed her on the face, she relaxed. "Okay."

"So did you do anything last night after your father and I went to bed?" Nicholas asked.

"What? No! No Dad. No." Guinevere was shocked that he would even imply such a thing.

"Not in a sexual sense!" Nicholas took another sip of coffee. "I meant in regards to today's meeting with The Author."

"Oh! Oh. Oh. Be quiet," Guinevere shot at Alexandria who was having a small giggling fit over her tea. "Not really. We were both tired."

"We were all tired last night," agreed Nicholas.

Guinevere looked at the clock. "I'll go and deliver the flyer to Amaryllis now." She wrapped her fingers tightly around her coffee mug. "It'll just be a few moments." She turned to Nicholas. "Please try not to embarrass me too much in front of my girlfriend."