Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Analia’s POV

 Walking around, it was my first day at this new boarding school. Sure, I came in last night but I had only seen my best friend. Lyra. I had to unpack and she went to get us dinner.

I had known Lyra since I was 6. I first wrote her a letter 10 years ago. She was my pen-pal, my Grandparents made me join so I could get to know other princesses. The letter said something like ‘Hi, my name is Analia. What’s your favorite soda?’

Soda, you normally think that princesses only drank tea and water. Well, you’re wrong. I couldn’t stand tea at all, well that is because my Grandparents dropped the throne.

My Grandparents had the throne, but gave it to my parents.  Soon after they had received the throne, I came along, heir to the throne. Not that it mattered, since we go by government.

As soon as my grandparents found out, they wanted me. I don’t know how they convinced my mom or dad, but then I was with them.

I’ve never met my parents, technically. Unless you count phone calls, which we had rarely on special accessions like Christmas or Easter.

My grandparents died last week. They were 67, but still strong. This causes a tear to roll down my cheek. I cannot think about them! That will only make me weak.

I walk forward with Lyra and something catches my eye off guard. Him.

“Lyra, wh-who is that?” I ask. I mentally curse myself for stuttering; I hope I hadn’t shown too much interest. I feel my face turn a scarlet color. Dang it! Lyra is smart, she has the highest average. I hope she didn’t see my face.

“Oh, that is Nolan,” she says, “wait! Oh my god!!! You like him?!” So, she did catch me. I figure I better tell the truth. I simply nod my head yes.

“You’re a damn princess, and you like HIM?!” she yells. I know, it is much too early to like someone; but don’t you believe in love at first sight.

Remembering that only Lyra knows I am a princess, I whisper, “Lyra! Shut up! You’re the only one who knows that I am a princess. You’re one too! Just don’t say it louder, we couldn’t risk the…”

She nods. She knew we couldn’t risk this. Only she, her parents and I could know; no one else. No exceptions.

I forget everything as soon as she grips my wrist. Oh, no. She sprints down the corridor right to where Nolan is.

             Darn! He saw what a freak I was running down the hall. I could do sports, not terribly, but I couldn’t run. At all. The only sport I really do is horse riding, only running for the horse.

            I have gotten so lost in day dreaming I forgot to say something, my face turns pink.

            “Hi, my name is Analia. I moved from the US.” I say. I swear, my face was going brighter and brighter as the moments pass. I suddenly realize he hasn’t responded.

            “Um…Hello?” I ask. Obliviously, he thinks I am a freak of nature, damn. I shouldn’t have even tried, I bet he will spread a rumor or something; did I really look that desperate?

            “Oh, hi! My name is Nolan!” he responded. His voice was deep and soothing, ahh. Wait, Analia! Get a grip, I reminded myself ‘you’re not here to fall in love! You’re here because…well…because. You know why.’  my voice reminded me. My face had become even brighter.

            “She is crazy!!!” my best friend screams. She grabs my wrist and pulls me off again.

             What a charmer Analia. I don’t think I’ve ever been more embarrassed. I hope he doesn’t spread a rumor about the incoherent princess. Wait, he doesn’t know I am a princess. Then, I guess the incoherent teenage American.   

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter is dedicated to....................................... Lyrablack and asherceleste, if there are any of them right now. If you're reading this, right now. It's dedicated to you!!!! :3 I dunno if I like this chapter, I promise more stuff is going to happen soon, I just gotta get there!!! Grrrrrr :3 okk question, who's pov do you like it better in. I think it is easier to write it in Analia's but, Nolan's isn't that hard. Sorry if there are mistakes, I didn't feel like correcting them call me lazy, and i'll believe you! I love horse riding!!! Anyway happy readings!!! oh, I also wanna read your books and vote for them! I know people woulddd love me to do that and I would love too just send me a message! Not a comment. Comments are for this storyyy, oh and whats ur fav soda? U can just put it on my comments, minee is coke!