Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Nolan’s POV

News travels quickly; I am sprinting down the hall to find the nurse’s office. She tells me that Analia and Lyra were in special treatment at the small hospital located next to our school.

I have to skip class, not that I care but now I am earning a bad reputation. I sprint over to the hospital ward and find Analia’s room.

Once I find her, my heart stops beating and I hear this scream, only to realize it is me. I am sobbing and the words on the end of her bed blur. This cannot be happening.

There is one word that is strangling me, Coma. Coma! I am going to kill Shelia; she put Ana in a freaking Coma!

I must have been sitting here over Ana for at least 4 hours.

“You-you really love her.” something whispers. I turn around to see Lyra; I cannot believe I had forgotten her.

I nod and my eyes start to water again. Lyra had just woken up from a Coma, wait, she just woke up from a Coma! That whispers some hope into my blood.

“You need to know something,” she starts, “Analia is my twin sister, we were separated at birth, our parents told me. I am a werewolf; I was able to shift the week of our 16th birthday. She isn’t able to shift, and now Shelia bit her. I don’t-don’t know what is going to happen. Analia has spies all over the world looking for her. Good luck.”

Analia is a werewolf! That brings sudden joy to me, which means she will wake up from her Coma!

The doctor comes in and is surprised that Lyra has woken up from her Coma; he glares at me as if I am suppose to do something.

            I send my mom a mind-link that I am staying with a friend. She seems reluctant but doesn’t argue.

            It must have been around 2 in the morning when Analia woke up.

            “Wha-what happened?” she asks. I look at her eyes that are deep mythical blue and I start crying. Her eyes start to mist up.

            “Nolan, please tell me.” she begs. I press my lips on hers and realize something, her teeth are mis-shaped. I quickly remove my head.

            “This-this is impossible,” I gasp. I grab one of her strands of hair and rub it.

            “What is impossible?” she asks. I just look at her and start to cry.

            “I need answers Nolan!” she screams. My heart is overwhelmed with joy but then being punched by fear.

            “I-I love you” I whisper. Then a doctor comes in and drags me out.

Analia’s POV

I don’t understand anything right now. Why am I in a white room with IV’s stuck up my arms? Why was Nolan crying? Why won’t he tell me anything?

            “Does anything hurt Miss Analia?” the doctor asks. I look around the room oblivious to life. “Miss Analia?”

“My-my mouth really hurts along with my spine.” I say. I look over at the doctor who asks permission to look at my mouth and I give him permission.

            As he opens my mouth, he gasps; but as soon as he did it is over.

            “Well Miss Analia, you have created a new breed amongst us,” he starts, “you will be prescribed a medicine that will fight off all cravings of blood, or we could give you a surgery to remove all blood craving forever, though we will not be able to get rid of the fangs.”