Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Analia’s POV

            I walk around my dorm staring at this piece of paper. It makes my stomach flutter with butterflies. Sitting down on my bed, I pull out my phone and save his contact information.

            Deciding if I should text him, I decide not to, not yet. I am not the type of girl who believes guys should text first. To be honest, he doesn’t even have my contact information.

            As I finish my homework, someone comes in. I knew I had roommates, I just hadn’t met them. Well, they weren’t here last night. I curiously wonder where they were.

            “Hi, you must be Analia. I am Celeste.” The girl says. She has long blackish hair and brown eyes. She isn’t tall; she is rather short, standing at my shoulder. Her eyes a majestic brown, exploding with little specks of green.

              “Nice to meet you Celeste, are you my new roommate?” I ask.

            “Yes,” she says. I watch her go over to her bed. “We only have 3 people in our dorm. We can have up to 4, but the other girl just moved to another room.”

            I notice when she said the other girl had moved, she looked angry and relived.

            “Who was the other girl?” I ask. Curiously, I try to think of someone, but nothing comes to mind.

            “Sheila; she is Mrs. Popular. I don’t think you have met her; she ditches class, a lot. Lyra and I aren’t exactly at the top of the pyramid. Last week, she and Lyra got into a huge fight and she demanded another room, at first the school wouldn’t let her switch then she called daddy and he fixed everything. Thank god, I don’t know what would of happened if she stayed here.” she states.

            “Oh,” I mumble. Curiosity kills the cat. I turn to my homework planner and see I still have English; a paragraph on love.

            “Do you still have homework?” Celeste asks. I nod and point to the words scribbled on my page. “Ah, the love paragraph, do you need help?”

            “Thank you for the offer, I don’t really need help, but if you want you can read it when I am done.” I say.

            She nods enthusiastically. I grab a piece of paper and go to the desk Lyra had appointed me last night. I begin…

            Love is a rainbow. One will come on a regular day and change everything, the day will get hotter and hotter, and until one day a huge fight bursts. Leaving her crying, her raindrops fall onto the earth, until one day, she has no tears and is left with scars. Then out of nowhere, he comes and sees her beauty, and then her colors flow openly. Into a rainbow.

Satisfied, I hand the paper over to Celeste. She has been reading a book while I was writing.

            “I love it!” she yells. A smile slowly musters it way up; I reveal all of my teeth.

            “Thank you,” I say, “I don’t mean to be in your business or anything, but do you have a boyfriend?”

            Her face lights up at the question. “Yes,” she says, “his name is Jace. In fact, you can meet him now; he just texted me asking if I wanted to go eat dinner with him in the cafeteria.”

            I glance over at my clock, it couldn’t possibly be time for dinner, and it reads 6:00 pm. Time sure has flown by today. I quickly nod and she looks at me.