Sky | White Camellia

You were at the Specialists party with your new suitemates. At least, you came with them but soon enough you were by yourself. Bloom was nowhere in sight; Musa went looking for her mystery boy; Terra was talking to a specialist named Dane she took a liking to;  Aisha had left after a game of beer pong had gone wrong; Stella seemed to be planning something as she spoke with a mischievous grin to Riven, another rather flirty specialist. So you were now dancing in the middle of people you didn't know yet you felt comfortable thanks to the alcohol you've been drinking since arriving. You realized your glass was empty and headed to the bar for a refill. You were eager to return to the dance floor and you did so holding the cup of beer above your head while swaying your hips to the rhythm. What you did not expect was for someone to bump into you, making you spill the liquid in the cup over yourself and the person.

"I'm so sorry," it was a masculine voice, "I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."

You looked up to see Sky, the specialist your eyes fell on the first day of school and every other time from then on."It wouldn't bother me this much if I didn't have beer dripping from my hair and wouldn't need to leave the party," you pouted. "I was having fun."

He recognized you. You were the girl with the flowers in her hair that captured his attention a few times already since the beginning of the term. He scratched the back of his neck and smiled apologetically, "You could have a quick shower and come back?"

"I'd never make it back. You don't know how many times I got lost these days. You'd think I'd be good at it since I'm an Earth fairy but I have a pretty terrible sense of orientation and this place is enormous and since I'm, you know, a little bit tipsy, it's even worse."

"You could shower in my room," he offered, "It's closer to the East Wing and I have to change my shirt anyway and we can make it back on time."

Normally you would have refused but because of your state, the idea seemed good and accepted. On the way to his dorm, you chatted about how you're adjusting to life at Alfea and you couldn't resist thinking what a beautiful smile he had and how easy it was to talk to him. But you also knew he had a thing with Stella and didn't want to end on her bad side. Being the gentleman he is, he let you shower first.

"This is the fastest I could be," you said exiting the bathroom with only a towel covering your body.

His eyes lingered on your form following the droplets of water roll down your skin before replying, "I'll have a quick shower too and then we can go back to the party."

You grabbed your dress to get dressed only to realize it was soaked in beer. You frowned because you had nothing else to wear and you weren't keen on putting that stinking piece of clothing on. You sat on Sky's bed and waited for him. Not long after he entered the room and your breath hitched at the sight of his glistening body. He was confused as to why you were still almost naked on his bed but you misunderstood his expression and shot up from the bed.

"I'm so sorry I wet your bed," you quickly apologized seeing the damp spot. "I didn't realize my hair—"

"Don't worry," he smiled walking closer to you. "You forgot this in the bathroom."

Only when he mentioned that did you notice the white camellia he was holding. Somehow, when you drenched yourself with the drink, the flower in your hair went untouched.

Sky stood in front of you, "May I?" He gestured to your head, to which you only nodded.

He gently placed the flower behind your ear. He stared at your make-up-free face, admiring your natural beauty, and noticed that your cheeks turned pink. His hand brushed your face slowly, gliding from your collarbone to your shoulder and down your arm. You looked away and fought the urge to kiss him. He held your hand in his, gently caressing the back of it with his thumb, and when you didn't pull away, he used the other hand to raise your chin up. He leaned in and you met his lips halfway through. It was a soft kiss that transformed into a more passionate one once your free hand pulled him closer by the back of his neck. You both pulled away from each other as someone clearing their throat startled you. It was a smirking Riven.

"I didn't know you had it in you."

You held the towel around you tighter and moved behind Sky, who looked pissed by the interruption.

"Not now, Riv."

"Don't mind me," he said as he stepped inside the room, "I just need to grab something and I'll be gone. Unless you want me to stay," he wiggled his eyebrows at you.

"Just get out," Sky sounded impatient.

As suddenly as he appeared, Riven was gone. Sky turned to face you, his features soft again. You were looking at the floor, embarrassed.

"He ruined the moment, didn't he?"

"Kind of," you chuckled. "I think I should go."

"Do you want to?" A simple question but it took you by surprise. "I'd like you to stay."

"What about Riven?"

"He won't spend the night in here," Sky answered positively.

"What about—" You hesitated, "What about Stella?"

"We're not together," he responded instantly, "Not anymore."

In that case, there was no objection. Sky pulled you closer by the waist and kissed you again. You kissed him back almost immediately. While you made out, he tugged lightly at your towel and you let it drop to the floor. 

***

You woke up later than you usually did, which was with the rising sun, but still before the boy next to you. You got up without awakening him and smiled down at him, the memories of last night replaying in your mind. You never made it back to the party, or the suite for that matters, but you were more than glad. You put on one of Sky's hoodies and a pair of pants, that you will return later. You stole a last look at the sleeping blonde — he looked handsome even in his sleep — and at the little present, or reminder, that you left on his nightstand: a single white camellia.