Bloom | Oh

Being the little sister of Alfea's most promising specialist is not something you enjoyed. People usually tried to befriend you in order to get in the good graces of Sky or Master Silva. You loved both of them but you hated how people used you to get to them. So you preferred to stay on your own. Things changed when you met Bloom, the fire fairy that came from the First World. You enjoyed her presence and you quickly became friends even though you didn't share a suite with her. Despite the fact that you were not a fairy, you spent a lot of time in the library so you knew a lot about different topics, ranging from history to botany, and you helped the redhead study lots of times. You had no classes together since you were a specialist but your thirst for knowledge came in handy, and most of your free time you spent it with Bloom. You thought she was interesting and very cute and soon you were crushing on her. But as your feelings of friendship develop into something more, you became jealous of your brother's interest in her. It seemed like he wanted her even if he didn't spend as much time with her as you did. Seeing her at the Specialist party having fun with your brother stirred up something inside you.

"Riven," you approached your brother's best friend, "I think you should warn Bloom of what happened to the last girl who flirted with Sky."

And he did. You knew it was a nasty move but Stella did worse. Over the next few days, Bloom seemed to avoid your brother and selfishly, you were glad. Your study dates continued. You had to meet her to help her practice magic but you were running late because of a high Riven.

"Join us, Y/n," he blew the smoke of the joint towards you, "Come on!"

"How many times do I have to tell you that I don't like boys."

"But Beatrix is a girl!"

"Still not interested. Riven, I have places to be," you pushed him towards the girl on his bed, "Use protection, will you?"

The boy could be a pain in the ass sometimes but he was good company most of the time. You left the room clutching the book you had to come to collect to your chest and jogged to the stone circle. But when you saw flames from the distance, you dropped the book and sprinted forwards.

"Bloom!"

"Stay back!" She flapped her arms trying to put out the fire, "I can't stop it!"

"Hey, hey, try to focus." You came to a stop before entering the stone circle.

"I can't! Y/n, go away before I hurt you!"

"Listen to me, Bloom," you stepped closer to her, "You can control it. You have the power, therefore you manage it."

"No, no, stay away! It won't stop!"

"You don't have to stop it, you must control it," you insisted. "Don't let your thoughts run wild and your emotions get the best of you. Focus on one thing. One thing only." You were walking through flames and she was at an arm's length away from you, in all her fiery glory, "You can do it, Bloom. I believe in you."

You could see the fear in her eyes but it wasn't for her, it was for your life. The flames dimmed and once she was safe she leaped into your arms. You hugged her tightly and whispered into her ear, "It's okay, everything's fine," until the fire was out.

When she felt better she pulled away, "You could've burned yourself. Did no one tell you not to play with fire?"

"Silva probably forgot to mention that," your joke lightened up the mood, "And I wasn't the one playing with fire; that was you."

"I'm sorry," she looked away, "And thank you for helping. But seriously, when someone is telling you to run, you should listen next time."

"I don't leave people I care about behind," you shrugged, "And I knew you wouldn't hurt me."

"I could and you know it."

"Well, nothing bad happened," you shrugged, "Are you okay now? Do you still want to study? We could take it easy, go for a walk in the woods."

"But that's dangerous too."

"Not if we stay inside the barrier."

Without thinking you grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the forest, stopping to pick up your book. Bloom was silent, looking from your intertwined hands to the forest and back. After a while, you turned to look at her and noticed her eyes on your hands. You pulled yours away as if she had burned you.

"I didn't mean to—"

You didn't know what exactly to say and she could sense your panic rising.

"It's nothing," she smiled at you but your face dropped.

You turned around and put some space between the two of you. She tried to grab your arm but you snatched it away.

"I like girls," you blurted out kicking some rocks.

"I know," she replied and when you turned to face her with confusion written over your face she continued, "Riven told me. But I already had an idea before he confirmed it."

"So you know I like you."

"Yes."

"If it makes you uncomfortable and you'd prefer to study with someone else, I can name some good tutors for you."

"No, I like studying with you."

You nodded as you sat down on a big rock. She sat near you and you stood in silence for a few minutes.

"You like my brother, don't you?"

"Sky? Yeah, he's a nice guy but I like you more."

"Oh."

You didn't know how to react because you didn't know if she meant as a friend or something more and you didn't want to embarrass yourself anymore.

"I just told you that I like you back and all you have to say is 'oh'?"

"Oh," this time a small smile tainted your lips, "Does this mean we can go on a date that doesn't involve studying?"

"Oh, so you considered these dates?" She chuckled and kissed your cheek as your face burned up in flames, "Anyway, yes, I'd like to go on a date with you."