Chapter 4: Suspicious

I'm surprised that Luke is still next to me when I wake up. I mean, I didn't think he would leave, but I didn't expect to wake up in his arms. I lay there for a second enjoying the feeling of his arms arund me. Should I wake him up? Should I let him sleep? I reach to the side and check my phone for the time, 9:14. Shit School! I have to wake him up. Ugh but he looks so cute when he's asleep. What the hell... think straight Emma, wake him up.

I reach my finger out and boop his nose, hoping that it will wake him up. As I touch his nose he scrunches his face and scratches it. Woah that was cute. Shit Emma you creep! I just booped his nose. He's still asleep though... I'm gonna do it again.

"Lukeeeee." I say laying a finger on his nose. This time he wakes up a little more.

"Good Morning." he says, squeezing me tightly.

"Hey we have to go to school." I tell him, as I untangle myself from him.

"We don't have to go to school." Luke says, sitting up with me.

"Yes, we do." I say as he pulls me back down on the bed with him.

"Five more minutes." The boy groan, resting his head on mine.

"No, I'm gonna go get dressed." I get up and walk to my dresser, pulling out my usual leggings and tank top. As I'm changing in the bathroom Luke comes and knocks on the door.

"What do I do about clothes?"

"Luke you wear like the same thing everyday. Nobody is gonna be able to tell."

"True, Hey do you want to go eat somewhere?" Luke suggests.

I think about it for a second and open the door.

"As long as it's fast." I tell him.

We walk down stairs and out the door to Luke's car. Luke begins driving to the IHop, and once we are there we get out and go inside, taking a seat at our usual table in the back corner.

"So what's our excuse?" Luke asks, when we are seated.

"What excuse?"

"You know, like why we are late."

"Hmmm. We could say my alarm didn't go off." I suggest.

"Nah we need more."

"Okay... there was a family issue."

"Damn Em, you're a rookie." He says to me, grinning.

"What am I supposed to say? Sorry I took a private jet to Zambia to feed my giraffe?"

"No! But I would pay you to say that."

"Okay then there was a car accident on the freeway." I say.

"Yes!" Luke shouts, "We were in a hit and run car accident on the freeway and your chest hurt so they had to take us to the hospital to get it checked out!"

"No, are you kidding me? Luke, that's insane! They aren't gonna believe that. I mean, why would I be at schol if I was just in a car accident?"

"Oh would you just say it? If we don't say something serious they are gonna put me on an attendance contract and my mom will literally kill me." Luke groans.

"Ugh fine, fine, we can say it." I give in.

There is no way this is going to work, but oh well. Sorry Luke, looks like you're getting put on an attendance contract.

We ordered our food and after a few minutes of waiting the waitress brought it to us, both of us scarfing it down quickly so we could get to school with out missing half the day. We get in the car and embark on our journey to hell. We blast the radio and listen to Power by Kanye West. Luke pretends to know all the words while I sit here and laugh at him. After a few more of Luke's "Anthems" we pull up to our school.