Chapter 12- Flashbacks

1st person POV of Alakazam

***

....

So it's true.

Darkrai did take Treecko.

Why did it show itself now? Did Treecko tell it about my attempt to find Rayquaza?

I turned around to face both Charizard and Tyranitar. Both were staring in what looked like fear at the mythical. Or maybe they were just extremely shocked.

I inhaled and exhaled deeply, then stood up. "So, Treecko told you?" I asked. Darkrai nodded it's head.
"Mhmm. I want to watch you, because even I don't know where Rayquaza could be."

That's... so weird. I thought But I think that, if I don't tire myself out, then... I'll find it. I'll find Rayquaza.

I sat back down to my cross-legged position from before. One more inhale, and then, I began to search...

***

1st person POV of Treecko

***

Silence fell. I began to sweat. I was pretty sure Darkrai felt as nervous as I did since we both knew Rayquaza wasn't where Alakazam was supposedly looking, but he might just be searching for the soul in general.

I don't even know Rayquaza all that well I thought the only time I ever met it was when it was trying to kill us. So... why did this even affect me so badly?

I closed my eyes and inhaled.

***

I stared at the dragon in front of me. It began swishing about like a crying baby, and yelling gibberish at itself. Pikachu put his hand in front of me as we both stepped back, and watched the sky god frail about.

Finally, it stopped. It took it's hands of it's head and inhaled.

"...."
"I'm sorry."

We looked at it.

"Rayquaza, please! We just want you to stop the meteorite! Stop apologising!" Pikachu yelled. Rayquaza turned around to face the ozone. The meteorite was getting closer and we all stared at it.

"..."
"I don't know if I can stop that."

I looked around, then back at Rayquaza.

"Please, you gotta try! This planet depends on it!" Pikachu yelled again. Rayquaza inhaled, then opened it's mouth.

A hyper beam began to form.

"GET OUT OF HERE WHILST YOU CAN!" It yelled "I MIGHT NOT MAKE IT OUT ALIVE BUT YOU MIGHT IF YOU RUN!"

***

I opened my eyes again, a little shocked.

I.. I don't remember Rayquaza saying that last bit.. I thought.

I remembered the whole "stop apologising" thing from Pikachu, and Rayquaza saying stuff like "I'm not too sure if I can do this", but...

That last line...

...I was pretty sure it didn't happen. Or it did, and I just have bad memory. But something as important as that... how could I forget-?

"Hey, Pikachu?" I asked my partner. He looked at me. "Yeah?"
"Do.. do you remember Rayquaza saying anything like 'I might not make it out alive', or 'get out of here whilst you can'?"