one last time

One Last Time
song used: One Last Time by Ariana Grande

i was a liar, i gave into the fire
i know i should've fought it
at least i'm being honest
feel like a failure, cause i know that i failed you
i should've done you better,
cause you don't want a liar

Ariana sighed, rolling her eyes as she turned towards her boyfriend. Or rather, the guy her father put her up with. "Could you stop being so loud? It's just a stupid game."

Chris scoffed. "Just a game? Baby, Call of Duty is not just a game."

"Then why did my dad buy it for you at Gamestop?" she mumbled, resting her chin on her hands.

He didn't hear her however, but screamed as he killed off another virtual zombie. Ariana groaned, sliding out her phone and responded to a text that Justin had sent her.

justin: hey babe, i got u something
ariana: what is it? :)

He replied in a matter of seconds.

justin: come over and i'll give it to you
ariana: can't, stuck with chris today.. did u know boys act like the world is ending if u miss a zombie in COD?
justin: as a boy, i can confirm that is very true

Ariana giggled, making Chris glance away from the tv screen, just for a split second though.

justin: but say you have to go see lexi or something. and text lexi to make up an excuse for you. i need to see you, i miss you :(
ariana: alright i'll see how this goes i love you
justin: i love you too babygirl

Ariana bit her lip, sliding her fingers over to her contacts and scrolling down to Lexi's contact.

ariana: hey babe, u love me right?
lexi: stuck w chris again?
ariana: :(
lexi: i'll text you in 5
ariana: i love you so much
lexi: i know you do ;)

and i know, and i know, and i know
she gives you everything
but, boy, i couldn't give it to you
and i know, and i know, and i know
that you got everything
but i got nothing here without you

The brunette placed her phone away, looking up towards Chris and sighing. "Chris, would you put your game away for just a second and actually hang out with me?"

Chris scoffed, but paused the game. He put the controller down and walked over to Ariana, who was on the couch. "Babe, you know I want to hang out with you, but it never looks like you want to hang out with me."

"Don't call me babe, and it's hard to want to if all you're going to do is playing Call of Duty."

He wrapped his arms around Ariana's shoulders, pressing his lips on her temple. "What, I can't call my girlfriend 'babe'?"

"Chris, you know exactly how I feel about you. You know exactly why I'm doing this."

He smirked, "Yeah, so your daddy won't get fired. If my dad ever found out that his top employee's daughter broke it off with me, your daddy wouldn't have a job anymore."

That's not the only reason, Ariana thought, thinking of her dad's hatred towards Justin.

"Ariana, he's a bad boy. He'll only break your heart."

Ariana scoffed, crossing her arms. She glared at him from the other side of the dinner table. "You don't know him. I know him, and he's a good person. He really is. He's a nice person."

"A nice person? Really, Ariana? He does drugs, he hangs out with the wrong people, he gets into fights. Didn't he get arrested before?"

"Yes, but the charges were dropped, Dad. He's a good guy behind that 'bad boy' exterior. You just have to get to know him."