the Story

"Then Ali Baba roared, 'Open Sesame!'" My Nana raised both her arms to make herself more theatrical, "And suddenly, it was all quiet; so quiet that Ali Baba thought he had gone deaf

"And then?" I put a hand up to support my chin as I sat cross legged across her in my bed, "What happened after that?"

"The thunders roared like the mighty tigers of the jungle, and then the lightening stroke in front of him like a sword that clanged from the heaven. And then, with a quake in the ground, the cave's door opened."

I finally let go of the breath that I had been holding and breathed a sigh of relief. Nana noticed this and squinted her eyes lovingly, chuckling silently. 

"That's not even the best part yet my little pari" She looked towards the window on the side of my bed and looked at the stars, " What he saw there, made his jaws drop to the ground"

"What did he see?" I exclaimed, with curiosity and excitement both engulfing me from both ends. 

"Oh now now my little pari, that's for you to hear tomorrow. Now we have to get you to sleep for school tomorrow" She got off the other side of the bed and pulled the quilt up, inviting me to get inside in it.

"We still have a little time Nana. Please!" I pleaded as I stood up and got inside the quilt.

Nana chuckled heartily and put her hands over her chest. It often made me feel warm seeing her laugh like that. 

"Oh aren't you the most impatient one" She said with a gentle giggle, "We'll continue this tomorrow, good night" She tucked in the quilt with her soft hands and kissed my forehead with her warmth and tenderness.

"And don't forget to wish for something in your dreams."

Nana turned the lights off. The only source of light coming into my room was the glistening sparkles of the full moon

"I wish I get to have my own story" I closed my eyes and imagined I captured the wish in my palm. I kissed my wish and blew it towards the beautiful moon. 

I was at peace, and I was with hope. I fell asleep as the sleep embraced me top to toe.