Chapter 5

I was ready to go into the tube.
I had a silver jumpsuit with a brown jacket.
Amelia was the last person I saw before going in.
"Good luck out there." She said.
"Thanks, Amelia." I answered.
She carefully pressed her lips to mine. The kiss was the last nice thing I experienced before going into the arena.
"You love me, real or not real?" She asked.
"Real." I answered.

I got into the tube and it started going up. The arena was cold. There was snow everywhere. It was a frozen sea port with boats stacked in the frozen sea. We were all around the Cornucopia and the time was going down.
I spotted an axe and backpack near me. The tributes around me were a boy from 9 and a girl from 5. None of them were a big threat.

A horn sounded.

It's now or never.
I ran into the Cornucopia and took the axe. A boy from 12 started shot an arrow near me, I threw my axe and it landed in his chest.
I took my weapon out and took the backpack that boy had.
I rushed out of the Cornucopia.
Many cannons fired, they were one after the other.
I decided to go into one of the ships, hoping that it will be warmer inside them.
It wasn't.

The inside was frozen. There was furniture inside it that was also covered in ice. The inside was huge and it had different rooms in it. I guess this ship was meant to transport people not stuff.
I went to one small room and blocked the door with my axe.
The room didn't have many things in it but it had enough.
I looked inside my backpack and found a knife, torches and a small metal bottle for water.
I lighted the fire inside the rubbish bin and finally relaxed.

I was wondering were Patricia is, I hope she's alive.
I looked through the small mirror so I can see the fallen tributes in the sky.
Those were: both tributes from 3, a girl from 4, both tributes from 5, a girl from 6, a boy from 9, both tributes from 10 and a boy from 12.
Ten people died.
14 are out there.
Patricia is still out there.

...

I woke up by a cannon.
I heard laughs outside the room. Those were the careers. I tried to look through the door and I noticed that they were stabbing Abby from 12. I decided to wait until they go away.
They didn't leave the ship but they went into one of the rooms and they wouldn't see me from there.
I got out of the ship. I was walking through the snowy shore of the beach when I heard screams from the small shack.
After I heard a cannon, I saw Patricia running out of that shack. I immediately ran up to her.
"Patricia!"
"Dominic!"
We hugged.
"What happened?" I asked.
"There are poisonous bee hive inside the shack. They killed Cleo from 11, she was my ally." She explained.
"I didn't manage to take my backpack." Patricia added.
"Better don't come back there, we will find you another one." I said.
After we heard another cannon, we tried to look for some water and we went to the frozen sea.
"Do you think we can drink this?" Patricia asked.
"I don't think so." I pointed at a dead guy from District 7.
He was lying dead on the ground near a hole in the ice. His mouth was wet so we immediately spotted that he got poisoned by the water in the sea.