Chapter 4

I've never slept properly. I have insomnia, and got it from always being afraid to sleep and then eventually just getting into the pattern of not sleeping, sometimes I won't sleep for weeks. That's why I write, I normally just do it at night when I'm not sleeping or something like that.

Jordan had given me the option to sleep on the couch, but to be honest I just told him I didn't like couches, which is 110% true. So here I am, covered in a few blankets on the floor at the foot of his bed, I love lying on the floor at night, that's why I refused his offer for the bed as well. Either way, who am I to just randomly barge into his life and keep him from getting any sleep? Nobody that's who.

I was lying there just thinking about anything and everything headphones in listening to, you guessed it, a Mariana's Trench playlist. It's probably around 3am right now.

*3  HOURS OF MUSIC AND 0 EVENTS WORTHY ENOUGH TO BE WRITTEN LATER*

The sun was shinning through the thin drapes, giving the room a light orange colour taint on the white walls, it's gotta be 6am by now, easily. I looked around the room to see how it was as I hadn't been able to see it last night. It was pretty average sized, a bed and side table, The alarm clock said it was 5:59 am... Jordan probably won't be up for a good hour or so...

But of course just as I think that the alarm goes off, signaling the it was 6am.

Jordan groaned.

"Of course I forgot to turn off that alarm that I had set yesterday, I am so smart." He mumbled annoyed at himself

I sat up at my area of blankets into a criss-cross apple sauce position.

Jordan glanced over at me.

"Sorry the alarm must have woken you up." He apologized in a sleep filled voice

"It didn't." I responded, fully away

"Why did you wake up so early then?" he questioned as if I were crazy

"I don't sleep, even if I want to." I state

"Why not? You need sleep to function." this guy and his questions...

"I can't, I'm insomniac." I tell hem

"You could have woken me up, I would've entertained you." he said in a sincere voice 

"I didn't want to screw up your sleeping patterns, either way I never sleep, I use that time for writing stories and lamely failed songs that I always end up trashing." I say simply, getting bored with the conversation at this point in time

"Is there any way of getting you to sleep?" he asked

"Only if someone sings to me really, that's why I listen to music, but it doesn't seem to work because I guess the singing needs to be a calming voice that I know cares about me. My mother used top sing me to sleep every night, I guess that's why." I respond, my voice getting a bit sad and quieter towards the end

"I'm not the best singer on earth, but if your tired then I'm willing to sing to you?" I half asked half stated

"Would you? I only ever sleep now lately is when my body just shuts itself down because I haven't slept at all."

You see this is why I like Jordan the most, he's willing to sing me to sleep even though he's already awake and says he's bad at singing, which you never know, he could be the best singer on earth but just doesn't know it yet.

He nodded then came over and lifted me up bridle style, I gave him a confused look. He  just sat down on the bed then laid me in it under the thin blanket with my head on his lap.