Chapter 8

We pulled into the driveway of a house and I turned my IPod off so that I would be able to hear when somebody was talking to me, Mark knocked on the door and a girl opened up the door, Adam was standing behind her. The girl opened up the door a little more and hugged me, I think I must have had a panicked look on my face as Adam pulled her arm back from me and said

"Dawn, she doesn't know you yet, wait until you've introduced yourself to her, she's a little.... shy."

She backed away

"Oh, sorry, I'm Dawn, Adams girlfriend, you must be Ella, Adam's told me ALL about you."

I nodded, in a way that I was unsure of what was going on.

"Hey Ella." Adam said as he hugged me lightly then realised me.

I didn't hug him either. Not in a hugging mood I guess.

I remembered that I needed hair dye when I started studying Dawn's colorful hair.

"Mark, on the way back to the hotel, can we make a small stop at the drug store? I need hair dye."

"NOOOOOO!" Adam shouted before Mark could say yes or no

"Why Adam, do you think my hair is really THIS exact color. I noticed the my roots were growing back earlier, that's all." I asked

Adam sighed

"Fine but you're staying the night and dying your hair with the help of Dawn."

I looked sceptically at dawns rainbow colored hair, although I did need to fix my hair, I really hate my normal hair color, to blonde for my liking.

I nodded.

"Ok, now lets sit down in the living room, I have something for you." Adam said

I was a bit iffy but ended up following out of pure curiosity to the large sitting area. He motioned for me to sit on a small two person couch, I did and he sat next to me.

"Ella, before the others arrive, I was wondering if you'd like a phone?" He asked

"No." he looked taken aback.

"Why don't you want a phone?"

"I don't really think I need one, I have only one friend, in which I already have the means of contact with. Either way I never understood why today's youth generation all want phone's, I mean yeah to talk to their friends, but pretty much all of them are signed up for about 12 social networking systems or so, and they honestly don't really need them." I say, I have made a good argument, I know I have

"Well what if we wanted to speak with you quickly?"

I raised my eyebrow,

"I have never been to this city before so it's not like I'm going to go wondering the city, either way I prefer to stay inside, I STILL have only one friend, I haven't started school yet since all the school's are on winter break, even then if I WAS in school, you could just contact the main office." another day, another point for Ella...

He couldn't figure out what to say, at a loss for words.

"Well, here, you can use it for games, I guess." he said, tossing me a sleek, white IPhone 5

Oh wonderful, I'm a part of those rich families that think their kids should have better phones then them...

I flipped the small electronic over in my hands a few times then slid it into my pocket.

"Thank you." I reply, I didn't want it, but I knew I had to be polite

"Your welcome."

He leaned over and whispered something to Dawn, she nodded and took the  bag off of Adam's lap.

"Dawn also got you a little, 'welcome to the family' type of gift."

She passed me yet another something, this time however it was wrapped in a plain blue paper.

I took the wrappings off to find a laptop. I nearly dropped it in shock. It had to have been at LEAST a $400 machine.

"You didn't have to spend so much money on a person you just met..." I told her, when WILL these people learn that I DO NOT need all the latest 'trends' that were 'in' this season.

Adam tossed me a black laptop bag and I quickly slid in the laptop into it's bag and set on the floor next to me.

*Dinner*

Taylor and Jordan had shown up since the point when people had started giving me stuff that I didn't need and we were now seated around the table in a way in which I had Jordan and Mark on either side of me, they were currently passing around the food, when the pork or whatever it was got around to me I passed it along and just took salad instead.

*After the uneventful dinner*

Dawn had just taken me to get hair dye at the drug store, I personally would've liked just grabbing a box of black then leaving, but Adam had said Dawn could put streaks in my hair if I agreed, and I decided to let her choose what color, so basically she spent five to ten minutes trying to decide what color to choose. So yeah.

Well she ended up choosing hot pink. Yay. I would've liked more of a green or blue but I don't really care all to much.

*Back at Adam's home*

Dawn had just completed putting the dye in my hair, even though I knew perfectly well how to do it myself, and I was waiting five more minutes for the dye to be good to be washed out of my hair.

The buzzer went of and I hoped into the shower, washing the dye that pretty much looked purple although I knew it was black by the time I was out of the shower.

I quickly dried my hair and went back out so Dawn could put the streaks in my hair.