Chapter 4

"Okay... Fuck, marry, kill... The hulk, me, or a great white shark" Emrys mumbled. Arran rolled his eyes and lifted his head off of the shorter boy's chest to glare down at him. "What? I'm bored and curious"

"Jesus Christ" Arran let out a long sigh and laid down beside Emrys, but he didn't bother to move his arms from the boy's waist. If he was being honest, he barely noticed he was still holding him. "Okay... First off, the great white shark thing is just weird so probably - no definitely kill... I'd probably fuck you and marry the hulk, to be honest... I'm not putting up with your sorry ass for the rest of my life"

"Well then... At least I'm getting something" Emrys snorted. "I'd probably marry you and fuck hulk, to be honest... I mean, I would become a bottom so fucking fast for him" Arran couldn't help laughing at that. Sometimes he wondered what went through Emrys's mind half the time. But then he remembered not much did... He just said the first thing that came to mind and Arran actually enjoyed that about him. It made for an interesting conversation.

"You are a fucking bottom" Arran rolled his eyes only for Emrys's offended gaze to glare down at him.

"I am not" Emrys protested. "Just for the hulk... And that's it"

"Whatever you want to tell yourself" Arran sighed. He kept a straight face, but inside he was resisting the urge to laugh as Emrys went into a spiral and began listing off every reason he was not a bottom. He'd stumble over his words and was practically bouncing from corner to corner of his room to point out different things as if he could change Arran's mind. But Arran being Arran, always had to be right. "Do you want to know how I know or not?"

"Enlighten me" Emrys deadpanned, finally stopping to look at Arran. Arran forced himself not to smirk or laugh... Knowing Emrys for as long as he did, he knew how to fluster him. He knew Emrys better than anybody... Maybe even a little bit better than Emrys knew Emrys.

"Come here" Arran deadpanned. Emrys listened and climbed back into bed, more intrigued than anything else. The curly-haired boy's breath hitched as Arran's cold hand lightly gripped his throat and he found himself melted into an open-mouthed kiss. Emrys considered objecting... But that wasn't really an option when he was addicted to a boy who didn't see him as anything more than a friend.

Arran liked to be in control, Emrys knew that much. So he'd let him kiss him like that. He'd let him bite his lip even if Emrys totally wasn't fighting back a moan. He'd let Arran be the dominant one in the kiss... It wasn't like he was enjoying it or anything. He was just being a good friend/kinda-boyfriend thing by letting Arran think he was in control... Totally.

They didn't kiss like this often... Sometimes when they were bored or just wanted some form of physical touch. Usually when they were both drunk or high too since that was when Arran let his guard down and Emrys was just a walking ball of lust and giggles. Usually, it was nothing more than stolen kisses behind Emrys's house or behind an old car on Arran's property. Emrys liked to savor these moments because he knew just how rare they were... And maybe they were the only thing left giving him hope that Arran actually cared.

His lips were warm and soft... His fingers traced antagonizing slow and teasing circles against his neck and Emrys quickly melted into the boy's embrace. He found his fingers tangling into the boy's hair, feeling slightly disappointed that it was shorter than he liked. If he was lucky, he could stay there for a while and just casually make out with the boy he cared so much about like couples did... But Arran pulled away. He always pulled away too soon for Emrys...

"Told you you're a fucking bottom" Arran laughed as he pulled away. He fell back onto the bed, his messy blonde hair falling over the patterned pillow-case. Emrys groaned and threw his head back against the wall with a satisfying thump and a subtle ache in the back of his skull.