Car Headlights

Mikey's pov

The home was dark as I walked about. Y/n was fast asleep. Every now and then I'd check on her, but I was growing bored.

When I entered her room for about the thirteenth time, I just gazed at her. She's still sleeping... what is there to do?

I began leaving, when I saw a strange light show through the window. My eyes went wide, and I hid underneath her bed. Holy shit... what was that!? A tank!? Do tanks have lights!? No... they don't have lights! But... what if they do here!? Oh god!

"Y/n!" I cried, terrified, "Y/n! Wake up!" She groaned, I brought myself back out from under her bed, "I saw a light! Are we being attacked!?"

"What?" She whispered, "What the fuck is going on? What time is it?" She rubbed her tired eyes.

"I saw this light! I think it was a tank! The German bastards are coming for us!"

"A light? From where?"

"It came up through the window and went through the room." I explained, panicking.

"Mikey, it was just a car probably."

"A car!?" I ran to the window. Gazing out, I couldn't quite see anything as it was so dark.

"Yeah, it's okay," She spoke in the midst of a yawn. I began to calm myself, "Mikey, just cause it looks strange doesn't mean it will blow up, okay?"

"Okay..."

"Now, I'm going back to sleep..."

"Wait," I stepped towards the bed, "Uhm, I just, I don't know what to do with myself when I can't talk with you."

"Go watch infomercials or something..." She spoke so tiredly, obviously not wanting to talk.

"Oh... okay... I guess I'll go do that. Goodnight..."

"Goodnight..." She spoke. I stood there for a moment, gazing at her. Then, another light grazed through the window, and I hid back underneath her bed. Fear spiked through my veins.

If I were able to breath, it would be increasing. My heart beat would as well. Each time I blinked, I was back on the beach of Normandy. What the fuck is happening!?

Another flash occurred, I curled up into a ball, unable to calm myself. My hands were shaking and I felt the sand beneath my body. The specks on my glasses were so clear.

"Mikey!" I turned, for a split second I saw my older brother, when I opened my eyes and found myself underneath Y/n's bed again.

"Mikey?" I heard her speak. Panicky, I turned over, "Mikey? Where are you?"

"He... hello..."

"Are you under the bed?" He voice still sounded tired.

"Yeah...yeah..." I stuttered.

"Are you okay?"

"I uhm... I dunno..." My hands were still shaking just like the ton of voice I took. She got up from her bed, and sat down on the floor, gazing to where she believed I lay.

"Mikey, what's going on?" I didn't answer, "I heard you crying..."

"Crying?" And that's when I realized, tears were trickling down my cheek.

"Are you having a panic attack? Or something?"

"A what?"

"It's like... when you panic..."

"I dunno..."

"You wanna come out?" She asked.

"Uhm..." I thought for a moment, feeling the terror and strange feelings leave my body just a little bit, "Yeah..." My hands still shook, and I didn't feel quite right. I climbed out from underneath so I faced her.