A Trip Down Memory Lane

(Your POV)

After following Sisu, your childhood best friend now girlfriend, to the place where the attack occurred 500 years ago, you looked around and looked to see Sisu's siblings still turned to stone. "Sigh. Even if their still stone, I can still hear them talking to me in my head and heart. I can't believe so much has changed since the attack." You said. "Yeah. Heh. Hey, N/N. You remember when we were playing Hide-and-Seek and Pengu was it?" Sisu asked. "Oh, yeah. He had so much trouble trying to find me and I was talking to you back then." You said, chuckling. "That was funny. Heh." Sisu said. "Yeah. Hey, do you also remember when you and Aqawa were trying to teach me how to swim like you?" You asked. "Yeah, the whole time you didn't know how to swim. We had to keep saving you from drowning every time you failed to do what we taught you." Sisu said. "Ok, you didn't have to rub it in like that." You said, blushing. "Hey, you were the one who mentioned that moment. Speaking of that, I remember when we were playing tag, you and Pengu were on par with each other at speed. He literally chased you throughout the whole valley." Sisu said.

"I thought it was the only way I can get away from him. Until he took a detour and got me." You said. "Hahaha! Those were all good memories." Sisu said. "Yeah. When this is all over, I'm really looking forward to seeing them again. To be honest, their like a family to me." You said. "Yeah. I know. Hey, speaking of family, tell me more about your brother. Was he adopted or something?" Sisu asked. "Well, my parents didn't know anything about him until I was like 5 in my dragon years. I admit, he can be a little bit cocky at times, but he's a strong fighter." You said. "N/N, I know you don't want to hear this because you don't want to believe it, but your brother. He's not real." Sisu said. You looked at Sisu, confused. "What are you talking about?" You asked. "The Druun must have the ability to manipulate people to lure them into a trap. Including dragons." Sisu said. "What? No, that can't be. Me and him fought the Druun in our childhood." You said. "That's what he wanted you to believe. Look, I know you don't want to hear this, but you must trust me on this." Sisu said. You felt the same familiar tingle in you when she told you to trust her. "If your parents never said anything about him, then he's a figment of your imagination. A thought in the back of your head. That's the whole reason why you and him had to fight. You were played into the hands of the Druun." Sisu said.

"Sisu, I want to believe you. I really do. But, something inside me says otherwise. My brother is still there. If he is, I'll save him. No matter what." You said. "I understand, N/N. I want to save him, too. But, how can we save someone that doesn't even exist?" Sisu asked. "I don't know. But, I'll find out. Eventually." You said. Sisu looked at Pengu and sighed. "Hey, Sisu. I want to know something." You said. "What is it?" Sisu asked. "Do you know why you were picked by your siblings to blow away the Druun?" You asked. She just stood there and thought about it. "No, I don't. N/N, I've been asking myself the same question. Why did they pick me instead of any of us? To be honest, I was expecting it to be you, Y/N." Sisu said. "Me? Why me?" You asked. "You have so much potential than I do. I don't know why I was picked. But, N/N. Promise me something." Sisu said. She walked to you and stared at you.

"If I were to fail to do my part, will you be the one who will take my place? Even if it means you have to sacrifice your brother to do it?" Sisu asked. You were taken back by this. You've never seen her fail once in your life or hers. You looked out at the night sky and sighed. "Yes. I promise. You can trust me to carry on your part, Sisu." You said. She smiled and kissed you on the cheek and you on hers and you both held each other's hands. "I promise, I'll do what it takes. Because I love you." You said. "I love you, too. You knucklehead." Sisu said as she hit her elbow on your chest. "Hey. I'm not that big of a knucklehead." You said. "Yeah, you are. Your just afraid to admit it." Sisu said. "I am not afraid of anything." You said. "Then prove it. Tell me your a knucklehead." Sisu said. "No." You said. "Your loss, darling." Sisu said. "Hey!" You said as you started chasing her.