Prologue

October 10, 2006

In Yisheng's residence in Indo City, one of the most progressive city in Country 5, all the family members gathered together to discuss a very important matter. 

"Luna, have you heard about the Wankai family from Country 4?" asked Apollo, her father, and the head of the Yisheng family. 

Apollo Yisheng was the richest and the most powerful man in Country 5 with various businesses including Yisheng Land Corporation, the biggest developer in the nation. He was a handsome fellow with a fierce gaze that wouldn't allow anybody to think that he could be trampled upon. He exuded authority that was difficult to match. 

"Yes Dad, they own the largest medical group in Country 4. They also have various businesses similar to ours." Luna answered politely. 

Everyone in the table including Bianca and Simon were all ears with the father-daughter conversation. The former was Luna's mother and the latter, his younger brother. 

Bianca, even nearing 40s, still looked so elegant and beautiful. One could immediately see that in her prime, she would not be second to a goddess. She was a person with a good temper and perhaps the only one who could make the "Country 5 God" Apollo go down his knees. 

Simon, the 8-year old younger brother, was a charming child. He looked fierce like his father when he was silent but he was as beautiful as his mom when he smiled. 

Both were trying to deduce if where was the conversation headed. 

"I am not surprise that you've heard of them. They are a formidable family in Country 4." Apollo said. 

"Hmm." Luna muttered, her face showing a blank expression. 

His father continued, "Their family has a young master who is a year or two older than you."

So where exactly is this going? The other family members were wondering but did not say this aloud.

"And we are seeing our business to expand in their territory." He paused. 

The three persons who were listening were exchanging glances trying to understand what the head of their family was telling them. 

"So, you see, joining our hands to theirs would benefit both families.." He paused and then he looked at her daughter. "Do you understand what this means Luna?"

Luna who had other thoughts a moment ago became a little agitated upon realizing her father's words. Even though she was 12, she clearly understood what his latest remark meant.

"Dad, am I to be wedded to their young master?" She mustered all her courage to clarify the situation.

"I see that you get the point. To answer clearly, yes. You will be engaged to each other. Your engagement will be published in papers." He said firmly.

"Apollo, isn't it too early to talk about this matter? Luna is just twelve. She will still meet a lot of people as she grows up." Bianca worriedly interjected.

"My love, we were engaged even before birth. We turned out well. I think it's better for Luna to know early on so that she will be prepared when that time comes." His voice soft and persuading (only meant for his wife and children). "What do you think Luna?" Turning to her daughter.

"Dad, I would say I am shocked of this development but as your daughter and the daughter of this family, I am bound to this responsibility. I will not tread the other way." Luna said with all her resolved.

"Luna, you are indeed a daughter of your mother." His father lovingly gazed at her.

"Father, how about me? Am I not your son?" Simon asked innocently.

Apollo chuckled heartily, "Of course you are. Silly little guy. You are a miniature of your mother."

Everyone laughed and the tension was relieved. The family continued their meal and discussed about other matters.