Chapter 1

Jan 12, 2017

Country 5

"Engagement of Young Miss Luna Yisheng with long-time fiancé Young Master Geoff Wankai was called off this morning. A press statement from the Wankai family was released earlier stating that the Young Miss decided to pursue her passion in medicine thus she decided to set aside her lovelife and put on hold marriage talks as of the time being. The Wankai family was saddened by the news but they decided to respect the young lady's decision. They still  emphasized though that they are not yet closing their doors. If there are still chances in the future for any collaboration between the families, they will not deny them." C5 news anchor Marga Siefel said. 

Luna turned off her TV." What a nice story!" She sighed. 

In reality Geoff called off the engagement yesterday telling Luna's family that he was not marrying anybody for convenience. Not to embarass the Yisheng family, both parties agreed to fabricate a story in favor of her. That jerk! I haven't even met him but God I know I hate him. 

Luna had always been a strongheaded person but after she heard the news, she couldn't help but feel a sharp pain in her heart. She did not even know Geoff in any way except that their family was rich in Country 4 and that he was her fiancé since she was twelve. Her parents did not pushed on introducing the supposed couple early since they were sure that Luna and Geoff will know each other more when the right time comes. 

Thinking about the right time! Her tears flowed on her cheeks. The rejection that she felt was so real. While it was true that she had already accepted at a very young age that she will not marry for love but at least she knew that that was her future.  Now, she felt kind of lost on what to do with her life. 

She'd always known that marriage among rich families were most of the time due to political conveniences. Heirs and heiresses were political pawns for business stability and expansion. This was the indespensable part of being born into the high society and her parents were no exception but they were lucky they fell truly in love even before marriage.