Chapter 8

When they got to the hospital, Luna was already transferred to the VIP room and was taken cared of. Geoff was there looking extremely worried.

They were gathered right outside of Luna's room when the doctor came, "Congrats Sir, your girlfriend is  6 weeks pregnant. She maybe stressed with a lot of things lately resulting to her losing consciousness. Please let her rest a lot and she'll be in perfect shape."

Everyone was shocked with the news. Nobody dared to talk.

The Yisheng family was very surprised. They did not know that Luna had a boyfried.

Montana was resigned. Now he knew that his grandson would not have the chance to marry Luna.

And Geoff could not believe what he heard but he was definitely happy. He knew that the baby was his but he could not tell everyone of the news yet.

A couple of minutes later, Luna woke up from her deep slumber. She was a bit startled when she realized that she was lying on a hospital bed.  She could see that she was in a VIP room for it was unnecessarily big for one patient. The room had another bed on the side for the watcher. It also has a living room for guests to stay. She could see that there were people in there, perhaps they were her father and brother. Her mom was on a seat resting her head on the bedside.

"Mom?" I gently tap her shoulder.

She woke up and worriedly asked,  "Luna? How are you feeling?" 

"I'm okay now, Mom. I just got dizzy. I'm sorry. What happened to the party?"

Apollo, peeked in from the living room when she heard the ladies' voices and came in. He stayed right across her, on the edge of the bed. Luna did not particularly notice that another guy followed his dad but just stayed right by the door while an older guy stayed in the guest room.

"Luna, do you know why you got dizzy so suddenly?", Apollo muttered.

"Apollo, this is not the time to interrogate her. She needs more rest." Bianca interjected.

Luna was puzzled with the question of his dad and the reaction of her mom so she said, "I blacked out. I am not particularly sure of the reason why. Is there something I need to know?"

"Did you not feel other strange things happening to your body lately?" Bianca asked calmly, holding his husband down urging him to also calm down.

She thought for a while. "Hmm, strangely I've been sleepy these days and I kind of feel seasick always. And I even threw up last night..." Telling her parents all these things, she suddenly realized something and she gasped. She looked at her parents in shock but she blurted out in panick.

"This baby is mine! I'm pregnant, right?"

Geoff saw her defensive reaction. He was touched that she was stubborn to keep their baby.

"Luna, calm down. Nobody's taking your baby away." Bianca reached to her side and assured her that nothing bad will happen to her or her baby.

She was all-tears. She forced herself to look at her dad. "Father, I'm sorry."

"Who is the father of your baby?"

She wanted to find a mouse hole and hide herself instead of answering back but this is her fault, she should face the consequences. "I am the only parent of this baby. There is no need to know who the father is."

Geoff wanted to come forward but he felt that it wasn't the right time.

"Tell me, what happened? Were you taken advantage of?" His dad could not hide his rage. 

"No! I wasn't dad. I chose this for my self."

"Is it Johan?" Referring to the only guy that his daughter was closed to. 

"Of course not. He's like a brother."

"Did you randomly sleep with a guy to rebel on your failed engagement?"

"Dad, you are right and wrong. You're right that I slept with a random guy but you're wrong thay I rebelled. I thought things through."

"Even getting yourself pregnant?"

She was speechless. She realized that she did not  think this through like how Apollo put it.

"We will find the father of that baby and let him take his part of the responsibility."

"Dad, what if he's poor?"

"Who cares if he's poor? Do we lack money?"

She was startled. "Ha?" She did not know if she wanted to cry or laugh. "If status did not matter, why did you have me engaged with a random guy?" She felt like everything was a joke.

"Being engaged to another family is customary being part of our society. As for me, it was my way of preserving you from wolves while you are growing. Nobody would dare come near you while you are engaged to the powerful Wankai family. It doesn't matter in the end if you marry your fiance or not."

Geoff also understood Apollo's meaning and he could not thank Apollo enough in silence. He felt happy hearing that their engagement was not solely for the advancement of the family business' of each other.

Luna's tears overflowed. She did not know that this was her father's way of protecting her. She just let herself be overtaken by her disappointments that she failed to see his father's intentions.

She said, "Dad, I'm sorry. I failed you." 

"Now tell me, who the father of your child is?"

"I don't know. He may be a bad person, a married man or whatnot. I will be the only parent of my child." Luna insisted in between sobs.

"You may be impulsive but I know your are not a bad judge of character.  I believe in your choice of man."

"Ahem." The guy by the door cleared his throat. "I think it's high time now to make my introductions."

"Geoff " 

"You!" 

Everyone looked at his direction.