Chapter 7

March 1, 2017

Laguna Dynasty Hotel

Everyone was looking their best as the members of the altasociedad gathered together to celebrate the partnership of Yisheng and Wankai despite the broken engagement between the two families. Most came to celerate but some just wanted to see how the relationship of the two families were after the engagement scandal.

Luna was dashing in her body-fit mermaid gown. When she arrived, everybody stopped ang gazed in her direction. She was indeed a Goddess amongst mankind.

Bryan elbowed Geoff. "Your ex-bride is surely everybody's apple of the eye."

Bryan was Geoff's best friend. He was also a top executive in Wankai Land Corporation. Aside from Karl, only Bryan knew about his search for Yves.

Geoff looked at the direction where Bryan pointed and even though she was quite far from where he was standing, he knew it was Yves.

He looked back at Bryan shocked.

"Don't tell me you did not even once looked at the picture of your ex-fiancé? "

"She was Yves." Geoff said matter of factly.

"What?" Even Bryan was taken aback with the revelation.

"Perhaps, she knew about you and toyed with you?" Bryan absent-mindedly blurted.

Unable to process his best friend's remark, he just continued to follow with his eyes Luna.

People murmured, "The Wankai young master maybe gay for letting go of the young lady Yisheng."

"What a waste of genes. They could have been perfect together." Some muttered.

Geoff noticed that despite Luna's smile, she looked exhausted and pale. He had the urge to grab her and keep her away from all the troubles of entertaining everybody.

"Bry, I'll be at Papa's side. We're about to receive the Yisheng."

Montana welcomed Apollo, Bianca, Luna and Simon wholeheartedly.

"I really hoped we could be family."

"And I too but we can't force our children." Apollo said.

"My grandson would never know what he could have missed but let him suffer all his life." Montana to Luna.

"Master Wankai, thank you for your kind words. I sincerely would have wished for you to become my grandpa but most of the time life doesn't always happen the way we planned it." Luna showed her best smile that night. She truly felt that Montana Wankai was a great man.

"Indeed but why do you seem pale my dear?" Montana notice that Luna was feeling uneasy.

Geoff was already approaching both families when Luna placed her palm on her head as if she was experiencing a headache.

Everyone was in panic because in a flash Luna was losing consciousness. Geoff rushed to Luna's side and caught her on time. Everybody gasped. A second late and it could have been a hard fall considering that Luna was on her heels.

The onlookers felt like that scene was drawn out from a drama wherien the prince saves the princess just in time.

Geoff without second thoughta rushed toward the parking area and advised his chauffeur to head to the Wankai hospital.

Everybody was left in awe including the Wankai and Yisheng elders.

When thinga already sunk in, the Yisheng family followed Geoff to hospital. Montana also came along.

The party was handled by the trusted men of both families.