Chapter 6

Geoff hugged the sobbing Luna and caressed her back to stop her from crying.

"You asked if my fiance was blind? I don't know but why would he brush me off like I'm a nobody? We've been engaged for so long. Am I lacking in anyway?" Luna thought she was okay but the alcohol just crushed all her defenses.

"Shhh. Forget about him. You're the most beautiful." He kissed her lovingly. "He does not deserve you. Maybe I don't deserve you too but I can't stop myself now from wanting you." He looked at her. He was giving her her last chance of escape but surprisingly, Luna took the initiative and kiss him in return. There was no going back.

Morning came. Luna felt her whole body was aching and a warm arm was wrapped around her waist. It was Max and she was naked down to her toes.

OMG! What have we done? Luna tried to remember what happened last night and she was so dumbfounded when she realized that she seduced this guy.

Luna quietly got up and dressed. Thankfully, she was at Sunnydale hotel. She went straight to her room. She packed her things, booked an airplane back to Country 4 and left as fast as she could. She could not face him. He might think she was an easy girl for seducing him the first night they meet.

On her way back, she told Alaine of what happened and asked her to cover her tracks so that the man he was with may not be able to trace her. Alaine heed her best friend's request even if she was still confused.

The moment Geoff woke up late that day, Luna was already on her plane back to Country 4.

Geoff scanned the area trying to find Yves but there was no trace of her except of the aftermath of their lovemaking. He was so eager last night to love her and he already planned to take responsibility for the two of them but the girl left just like that. He did not know what to think but he knew from friends that some of them had these experiences and then after a few months, the girl they made love to would suddenly show up and would demand for support for their "supposed child."

Will I wake up one day and find her in my doorstep with a child? Geoff was disgusted with the thought.

He dialed a number. "Karl, find the lady named Yves. He was with me last night. Tell me right away if you get information of her."

Geoff went to continue his business on the afternoon but half of his head was all about Yves.

Ring. Ring.

"Sir, we tried to retrieve the CCTV from both the bar and the hotel but both were tampered."

"Tampered? Why is that so? Have you asked the bar or the hotel about her? She said, she was also a guest in Sunnydale? Have you checked the guests?"

"Yes Young Master. It seemed like they were not familiar with the young lady. The hotel stuff did not also have guests who had the name Yves in their guest list. " But Luna Yisheng was also in the hotel. Karl wanted to add but of course it was of no value his boss hearing the whereabouts of his ex-fiancé.

"Continue searching for her."

Geoff was really irritated with the search for Yves. How could she evade him so well? Is she playing hide and seek with him?
She dealt with the wrong person. I would certainly find her.

A month passed and still no progress on the search for Yves. He could not understand but every night he would long for the woman's face and body. He tried to meet other people but he always ended up leaving early and occupying himself with work. Geoff shoved his thoughts aside. He needed to focused on the upcoming business ball. The Yisheng family will also be present. The truth was he also was not comfortable meeting them after the cancelled engagement. He had not seen Luna but he felt like a jerk remembering when Yves cried because her fiancé left her.

In Country 4, Luna could not also forget Max. She wanted to find him but she did not have the courage to do so. What if he was a married guy? A bad guy? It was supposed to be a GTKY!

Setting those thoughts aside, she also needed to prepare for the upcoming business ball. The Wankai family would be there. Geoff would surely be there. Funny, we'll meet for the first time after the called off engagement.