sorry.

"langa..."

a familiar voice echoed throughout the room along with the sound of beeping. langa's eyes fluttered open, as a pure white ceiling entered his vision. confused, he sat up sluggishly .

the soft blanket lay atop langa as he sat on a mattress, the warmth comfortable and refreshing.

the walls were milky white and a window on his right, welcoming the sunlight illuminating the chilly room. machines stood beside his bed, attached to him.

on his left was a red haired boy next to him. turning to see who he was.

the one who saved langa..

"langa... it's reki. you okay?"

langa glared at reki, confused.

"ah... i assume so...?" reki dragged on his words, chuckling at his own remark.

"don't you know? you've been diagnosed with ffi. fatal familial insomnia."

langa's eyes widened.

"well, i don't assume you'd remember. but there's no cure to it, so..." reki stated, a hint of strain in his voice.

holding langa's hand and stroking the back of it slowly, reki smiled reassuringly.

"hey, langa. you're amazing. the way your hair flows in the wind, the way your eyes beamed whenever you talked about snowboarding, and your calm and collected nature even if something wasn't up to your standards, they're what defines you, and they're all so amazing. you're amazing, langa."

langa stared at reki in disbelief. leaning back down on the bed, langa stared back at the ceiling.

the beeping was gradually getting slower.

langa smiled weakly at reki once again.

"langa."

reki called out in a gentle tone.

"i love you too."

langa's eyes shut soon after those words were said, his warmth fading as the constant beeping soon faded into a constant ringing instead.

reki's smile faded, as devastation rained down on his parade. his heart soon felt empty and broken, feeling his heart leaping up to his throat.

it felt as if this was crushing him from the inside, and this feeling only exacerbated with time.

the pain seared into reki's soul, overpowering everything else. he sat there motionless.

it took reki a few breaths before a sob escaped his throat, followed by an uncountable amount of wails. reki placed his palms onto his face, to try and stop the uncontrollable amount of tears flowing down his face.

with each sob, he took a heavy breath and reminsced about all his memories with langa. with each wail, the pain gradually intensified.

with each memory, reki cried harder.

once reki's sobs slowed down into sniffles, he stayed put, holding langa's motionless palm.

reki breathed heavily, before finally finding his strained voice to pile his last sentences in the room.

"i wanted to skate together with you for infinity, langa..."