Character Profile

Luna Clarke

- Born May 10th, 1994 - 22 years old

- She/her

- Has ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder)

- YouTube Username: T3DDY B3AR / Teddy bear

- Is known for making Film and Acting content: film/actor reviews, breakdowns, some TV/Film reactions, acting tips and tricks

- Went viral for a short film she made advocating for elderly shelter animals (adopt don't shop)

- She is a very kind person (maybe a bit too much at times - a people pleaser) and she likes to see the best in people. She also likes to do things with her friends even though it makes her nervous.

- Goes by Luna, but also Lulu, or Lu as nicknames (especially by Joey)

- Friends: Joey Graceffa, Shane Dawson, Eva, IJustine, Lele Pons, TimothyDeLaGhetto - she's friendly with everyone but these are the people she knows the most at the start

- Likes: soft things, hugs, music, acting, true crime, puzzles, animals, her Pug Puddles, Shane and Eva (other characters later on), Joey in a bit more than friends way, being able to be herself.

- Dislikes: Arguing, abrupt loud noises, rough textures, being told she's "high functioning", rude people, being judged for acting different (ie stimming, having shutdowns/meltdowns etc.), social interaction (she really has to psych herself up to be around new people, it stresses her out), having to 'mask'.

At the time of ETN season 1, Joey was 25, so I made my OC a similar kind of age. And also -

Since I'm pairing my female OC with Joey, I'm making him Bisexual for the story (read the A/N below for the reason behind that)

_____

A/n A couple things, firstly, I made the character autistic because I myself am autistic. I am not using the words 'high or low functioning' to describe her because they are outdated and are often used by non-autistic people who judge how autistic we are based on what they see and how it affects them and others, not us.

Secondly, no, I don't like Shane Dawson, I've never been into his content and I never really knew much about him until a couple years ago when his past was brought up again. I don't want anyone to think I currently support him or his channel but I don't want to get rid of his character from the story. They way I see it, for this story, I consider the character 'Shane Dawson' separate from the real Shane Dawson. Like a Shane from a parallel universe where he didn't do a bunch of stupid shit. That being said, don't send hate to Shane, it helps no one, I just needed to mention this because I don't like him in real life.

And thirdly - {Me from the future 28/12/23} Apologies to people who came to this fic hoping for a male OC, I am very sorry to disappoint. I wrote this when I was a teen, and this was my first fic - I just wanted to put my fantasies on paper (not actually 'paper' but YKWIM), that's why I made Joey bisexual for the story. Obviously I know Joey Graceffa is a gay man, and I completely respect that - this is a work of fiction, based on the reality/scripted Youtube show Escape The Night.

TBH if I wrote it today still as an 'x Joey' story, I'd make the OC gender neutral, however, I'm not going to change this book in that way, because I think that's too big a task and I kinda want to preserve my first 'work' even with its flaws.

If you would be interested in me making a Male/Gender Neutral version of this book, check the most recent A/N (following the final chapter) and drop a comment letting me know. It'd be the same plot, characters and relationships, just with some cosmetic changes like pronouns, names, outfits etc.

Despite all that, I hope y'all don't cringe as much at my past writing like I do.

Otherwise, Happy Reading!

- Orion

_____

I do not own the "Escape The Night" series, it belongs to Joey Graceffa and YouTube. You can support the original work by watching it on YouTube.