An Invitation - part 1

I started having dreams. About a house.

A house that was built without hands. And then, one day I received a letter and it became mine. Life had been breathed into a fantasy. But now it won't let me sleep, until I invite others...

~

Luna's POV

"Alright, that's all for today guys, next week I'm having a look at 'Captain America: Civil War', and another mystery film, ~oooh~ Until then, I'll see you guys later!"

I stand from my desk and switch off the camera, when I feel a wet sensation on my leg. "Hi Puddy baby!" I pick him up and hold him close to my chest, nuzzling his face. Puddles is my elderly pet pug, he's basically one of my closest friends - and also my roommate.

I live in a small (but not tiny) apartment in LA by myself, making a fair amount of money off my YouTube channel, 'TeddyBear'. It always surprises me to think that I managed to make a good living off a Youtube channel - I'm really lucky to have a well paying job doing something I love, especially as an autistic person.

Employers will either think that being autistic means there's no way I can function enough to do a job, or that I'm not autistic enough and I need absolutely no support, which is frustrating because that's not how it works.
That's why I was so shocked and happy when my channel started blowing up a few years ago - now I'm at a solid 11 million subscribers. Crazy.
So even though I have my struggles with my disability and my mental health, I can always rely on my fans to show me support and be accepting.

I set Puddles down on the floor and leave my recording room to get a snack when I hear a sudden buzz at the door, making me jump slightly.
I mean.. I don't think I was expecting any deliveries or anything, so who's that?

I head to the front door and gather my nerves as I open it. "Hello?"
"Telegram for Ms. Clarke."
I blink in confusion. "Umm... are you sure?" I ask, a bit skeptical. She doesn't reply and just hands me the letter.
"Okay thanks, I guess..." I close the door as she leaves. God that was awkward.

My thoughts run wild as I go and sit on my couch examining the letter. Puddles joins me, jumping up onto my lap. My curiosity gets the better of me as I open the letter and read:

To my esteemed friends,
I have acquired an illustrious estate through the death of a distant relative, who I've never met. I thought it only fitting that I invite you all to attend a dinner party on its grounds. It will certainly be a night to remember, however the estate is quite peculiar - it only exists in the year 1920.
To enter its grounds, you must be dressed entirely with clothing of that era. If you are carrying anything from the modern world, the house will simply never appear for you. And not only your clothing, but your attitude must reflect the time.
I have included your unique characteristics on the back of this invitation. My driver will pick you up and take you on a road that can only be driven my his mysterious, time-travelling automobile. Then, almost like magic, the place will appear.

Until then my friends,

Joey Graceffa

I sit for a moment digesting the contents of the letter. A fancy dress party sounds like fun, especially with Joey, who I may or may not have a crush on...
...anyway - parties aren't usually my thing, they tend to be super loud and filled with people who are 'put off' by me, but this feels pleasantly different.
Plus, it's been ages since I've seen Joey, and it would be good for me to get out of the house - my depression has really been flaring up lately, even with my medication.

"Screw it, I'm gonna go"

I process my decision for a second before confirming it in my mind. "I haven't been to a fancy dress party since I was like 10!"
I say, flapping my hands in excitement, and race off to pick an outfit.
I search through all of my dresses until I find one that's absolutely perfect, a deep red flapper dress with black lace and beading.

I put it on with a pair of black kitten heels, and a light black cardigan

I put it on with a pair of black kitten heels, and a light black cardigan. I brush and style my hair a bit and add some deep red lipstick to complete the look. I take a look in the mirror and think, "Damn I look pretty good, wow!" Which is quite rare for me to express, so I savor it as much as I can before my insecurities try to ruin it.

I'm not sure if I can take any of my fidget toys with me since they're modern items - I usually never leave home without my fidget cube or at least one other toy, but I have a feeling that the car won't appear for me if I do, so I decide to go without them.

I'll be fine for one night right?! (A/n wrong)

I make Puddles some dinner and triple check all the doors are locked as I leave - my paranoia kicking in - and head outside where I see the 'magical' car. I check with the driver that it's the right car, not wanting to accidentally drive away with a creep, and after confirming, we head off.
_______________________________

3rd POV

The car approaches an antique looking house, lit up all around ready to host a party. People are entering...

"My name is Shane and they call me the Renegade."
"I'm Eva, my character is the Journalist"
"My name is Glozelle and I am the Jazz Singer"
"I'm Oli White and I am the Big Game Hunter"
"My name's Justine and I'm the Gambler"
"My name is Andrea and I am kinda like a Fixer"
"My name is Matt, I am called the Professor"
"I'm Sierra and I am an Heiress"
"My name is Lele Pons and I am a Hustler"
"My name is Timothy Delaghetto, I'm a Mobster"
"My name is Luna and I am the Actress"
_______________________________

A/N - first part done wow, if you're reading this let me know what you think, if it's too wordy or long or anything, this is my first story. I put two different dress pics because they give the same vibes btw.