Betrayal At The House On The Hill

"Shane is dead."

"You let my friend die..."

"Don't pay attention to the screams."

"Glozelle put you up there, so Glozelle died!"

"I killed her."

"They poisoned us both, uh, and I got the antidote."

"Tim shot himself in the head."

"Lele, I'm sorry!"

"Let's have some fun shall we.."

_______________________________

Luna's POV

"You played my game exactly how I wanted you to. Fools."

Me, Joey, Eva and Oli are kneeled in front of Arthur, with Sarah and Marvin behind us, guns pointed at our heads and knives at our necks. I tremble in my spot, still shaken from Arthur attacking and manhandling me. Joey subtly brushes his hand with mine, and I lace my pinkie finger with his.

Arthur motions to the mantlepiece behind him. "I needed the artifacts and the previous owners gone so I could have this house."
I glance to my right and see Joey's wide eyes - I feel awful for him. They were probably the ones that 'welcomed' him when he inherited the house, only to now find out they were deceiving him the whole time.

"You tricked us..." Joey mutters aloud.

Arthur smirks.
He picks up some paper from the table behind him, and throws it in our faces. I look at it in confusion.

"What is that?" Joey asks.

Arthur lets out a breathy chuckle. "It's the ritual." He replies mockingly, and Oli glares at him. "We did the ritual!" He spits out in frustration.
"You did the wrong one." Arthur replies, shaking his head. He goes to grab something else from the table behind him. "But now..." He starts, turning back to us with a look of fake pity, "...the time has come where you are no longer required."

He then reaches over and roughly pulls me towards him by my hair, making me cry out in pain.

"Hey!"
"Leave her alone!"
"Don't touch her!"

My friends try to struggle, but Sarah jerks a knife in front of them, separating us. Arthur bends down and gets up in my face; he tightens his grip on my hair and I wince, avoiding his gaze.

"Say goodbye to your little friends, Miss Luna."

Before I can react, he covers my mouth and nose with a large cloth. Chloroform.

I try to pull away, but Arthur has an iron grip on my hair. I can't stop myself from inhaling the chemicals as my breathing slows and my vison goes blurry.

"Luna!"

That's the last thing I hear before everything goes dark once again.

_______________________________

Joey's POV

A dull ache pounds in the back of my head as I return to consciousness.