08: WALKING HOME

"Hey Y/n," your parent walks in your room, leaning on the door frame, "Have you heard?"

Your head perks up, turning down the music you were listening to and setting your phone down beside you. You shake your head no and a worried look crosses your face, "No, what is it?"

"Well," they sit down beside you, "I wanted you to... get someone, like a friend, to walk you home from now on. And go to school with as well."

"What's the problem?" you put your phone away completely and sit up straight.

"You see, what's your friends name again? The gorgeous girl... uh?"

"Kokomi-"

"Yes that one! Listen, I don't want the same thing to happen to you. Actually, I've already spoken to someone," you stare at them with a straight face.

"You could've just told me. So who is it?"

"Right, uhm, you know the pink haired boy from down a couple turns? Kusuo? I spoke with his mom, a good friend of mine now, and she offered to make him bring you home. She's worried as well. Starting this week, you're to come home with him. So if he has something to do, you wait with him."

Your face deadpans. At that moment, you don't know why but your stomach feels weak. As if something was off. It wasn't that you didn't trust Saiki. It was more like, you barely even knew the boy that much.

But in the end, you just nod, understanding the situation. This was for your safety. Saiki didn't look like the boy to go against rules, or do anything bad. After all, you'd figured your parents would forget one day and everything would be fine. Even so, you were already turning 18. You could fend for yourself.

"You're not mad right?"

You shake your head and turn back onto your side, "No, I'm good. Thanks for telling me." The door closes before you, and your body slings up to go to your bathroom.

Now that you thought about it, you constantly felt like you were being watched. It was always the same feeling of two pairs of eyes. It happened the afternoon when walking home with Aren. He had let you go on your own, since you insisted. While you were walking down the neighborhood, you felt a gaze on your back. But you never dared turn around.

Of course you could defend yourself. You knew better than to let yourself get harmed. You wouldn't give up so easily, at least not without fighting first.

-

This was a great opportunity for Saiki. Not only would he make sure you're not going off elsewhere, he'd get to spend more time with you. Additionally, this would contribute to his plan of gaining your trust.

He already knew where you lived though. So he'd have to pretend he didn't know where he was going as you led the way. You had already warmed up to him pretty easily. He wondered if you'd warm up easily with anyone else...

Saiki had noticed you weren't hanging out with the guys like you usually did. But then again, who would want to actually hang out with losers like them? Most of your time was spent with Aiura and Chiyo, or Teruhashi alone.

He was still a bit devastated at his lack of information about you. Whether you had any siblings was unknown, but he wouldn't care about them anyway. He truly only knew your name and age and other sparse random facts.

The boy know he could easily hack into your social media accounts and find out everything about you, but he refrained from doing so just yet.

-

He looked down at you from the window, sitting down on the grass. He couldn't blame you, PE was a pain in the ass. His eyes rolled as Toritsuka came up to you, obviously harassing you about something.

"Come on Y/n. Why can't you just go out with me one time?!" the purple haired pervert kneeled down on the grass. Instinctively, you pulled the gym skirt down, knowing Reita's tricks.

"Go bother someone else. I don't want to hear you right now," you kicked him in the ankle, causing Saiki to smirk.

"So what are we looking at buddy?" Nendo shows up beside him, starting Saiki. His smirk turns down as he sadly looks away from you. If it weren't for the other guy, he'd still be watching you.

"Oh look there's Y/n," Aren points down at you as you and chuckles as he sees you running away from Toritsuka.

"Oh yeah, hey Saiki. Why has Y/n been going home with you?" Kaidou asks him, setting from beside Aren.

It's actually quite the opposite.

"Wait really?" Aren laughs, "You've gotten more than Toritsuka has ever had. If you know what I mean."

Oh I know what you mean. Good grief.

"Aw man that's cold!" Kaidou high fives his best friend and laughs.

"You can't be talking," Nendo speaks up, causing Kaidou's mood to get sour. An argument sparks up, letting Saiki go back to looking at you.

He keeps thinking about why Aren didn't get jealous. Maybe he did, he just didn't show it. If he were to like someone and then found out his friend was taking them home, Saiki would definitely get angry. But maybe that was just because that literally was happening to him.

-

Walking home with you wasn't awkward. At least you tried to make it feel normal. Saiki could tell you were trying to lighten up the mood with your random questions.

He liked listening to your rants about Toritsuka. And by the end of the week, he knew enough about you.

Your parent would always be so thankful of him. Walking home their daughter was something tiring, since they knew he'd have to make a couple of turns before actually getting to his own home.

In their heads, Saiki knew that they thought so low of their daughter. They thought that you were weak because of your past. And that gave him a good idea to get you right in his trap.

-

AUTHORS NOTE

sheeesh, boring chapter i'm sorry. sorry for not updating lately, but this next week is spring break 😑‼️ anyways, idk if i wanna add any smut/18+ to this book 🚶🏽‍♀️

vote and comment. thoughts?