Chapter 16: House

Third POV

"Come on you big baby! Get out of the car already!" Sam groaned, unfastening Rob's seatbelt since he hadn't bothered to do it himself.

Rob didn't even flinch, nor move one inch. His body was completely frozen as he gazed at the massive building they were currently parked in front of, already seriously intimidating him.

"We've been sitting here for over twenty minutes, meaning that you're already twenty minutes late! Seriously, go!" Sam complained, unlocking the car door, but Rob still didn't shift from his still posture.

Sam sighed, inclining himself on the seat, arms folded behind his head.

"If you don't go in, I'll go get Kristen myself and embarrass the hell out of you." Sam sternly said, snapping Rob out of his state immediately.

"Ok ok, fine then." He gave up, hands trembling as they reached for the door handle.

"I really don't see why you're making such a big deal out of this." Sam muttered, but Rob didn't hear it since he was already out of the car.

His legs shook, hands abnormally sweaty. The only other time he's felt like this is when he took Sara out on their first date, or the time Reese was born.

This however is nothing like those moments. It's not giving Rob pure happiness like those moments have, it's just stress and regret.

But, he really can't bail this time. A massive part of his grade is at stake here, and he hasn't worked so hard for it to all go down the drain so easily.

Maybe that's how he soon found himself standing right at the front door of the place, hand in a fist, ready to knock and the door.

What he didn't expect however was for the door to swing open, startling him just enough for him to topple over. He rubbed the lower part of his back with a slight wince fleeing from his mouth, only to realize that it was being mixed into a humors laughter.

He then noticed the pair of black high tops right by his hands, head snapping up to find Kristen staring back down at him with amusement.

"Jeez, you really are pathetic." She chuckled, hand gripping at Rob's shirt collar, pulling him up with one swift movement.

He struggled to regain his balance, almost falling over again. Kristen rolled her eyes, pinching his ear.

"Nice...to see....you toO-ow!" Rob squealed, standing on the tips of his toes as Kristen raised her hand higher and higher.

"Can't say the same thing." She smirked, Rob averting his gaze from hers. She let go, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Why are you late? I've been waiting for like three hours." She groaned loudly, slumping jokingly.

"It's literally twenty minutes since I was supposed to be here. You're the impatient one here." Rob scoffed, folding his arms over each other.

"You want to fight with me today Pattinson? Because today of all days seems to be one that I'm particularly not fond of." She hissed, nails digging into Rob's shoulder. He casually took her hand off, dusting off the fabric of his shirt.

"Well then that makes two of us. Are you going to let me in or not?" He yawned, playing with his hair. She bit the corner of her lip, tugging him inside and locking the door.

Rob didn't even register how big her house was from the inside until he really looked at his surroundings. His jaw gaped open, making him look like an absolute idiot.