Chapter 10

Chapter 10

            Lacey and I strolled lazily into Betsey Johnson Boutique and I looked through a couple of racks casually, “Lace,” I called to her, “I am so tired of this, can we just go home?”

            She looked shocked, “What, and just give up? No, that’s not happening.”

            I picked up a few dresses with unusual prints, “Then why are we in here? This place is kind of wacky.”

            “My sister got her dress here last year,” she was also tossing aside the weird dresses, “And she told me about one that would be great. Now where is it…” she moved quickly from rack to rack, but never looked disappointed or even slightly unsure.

            My tired feet led me towards a funky looking chair where I immediately plopped down and slid off my shoes. Maybe wearing these adorable heels wasn’t such a good idea after all. I picked up my phone and instinctively opened Facebook, there were five notifications and three friend requests. Some cute guys had friend requested me so I accepted.

            A message appeared on my screen, it read ‘Hey Dimples’. It was Xander.

            I called to Lacey, “Hey Lace, Xander just messaged me!”

            She looked up immediately, “Well reply! You said you’d forgive him.”

            “I already have,” I said as I hit the send button.

            Lacey went back to shifting through the dresses for a couple of minutes before coming back with a white lace dress, “This is for you girly.”

            “White?” I asked and took it from her, heading into a changing room, “seems a little plain, right?”

            Lacey shook her head, “Not even, it’ll make you look so tan, not that you aren’t already.”

            After I put it on I came back out and spun around, giving her the full view, “What do you think?”

            “Oh my goodness…Jessica!” she practically squealed, “You’re like a Roman goddess or something, so elegant and beautiful. Oh my goodness,” she sighed as she looked me over again.

            I smiled, “Don’t you think it’s a little tight?” I pulled at the material around my hips and breasts.

            “Yeah, it’s tight,” she still looked at me in awe, “So?”

            “Okay, um my mom will never let me out of the house in something so short!”

            “Jessica, this dress is as beautiful as you. It’s like you were made for each other,” my phone buzzed on the chair and Lacey and I looked at each other.

            I picked up the iPhone and read his message, ‘Do you remember me?’; I showed it to Lacey.

            “Poor baby,” she cooed, “he has the Reed Need.” At that, we both cracked up, laughing loudly as other ladies in the shop looked scornfully at us.

            “Lacey!” I finally calmed down enough to message Xander, ‘Of course, what’s up?’

            Quickly, I got another message from Xander reading ‘I need to talk to you, can we meet soon?’