Mistletoe (Winterhawk)

Clint is determined to get a Christmas kiss from Bucky and goes to great lengths to get it.

"Clint that is a terrible plan," Natasha stated as she listened to Clint's latest scheme whilst they practised their hand to hand combat. "It's brilliant and cute and totally romantic." Clint defended, he'd been thinking long and hard about it and did not appreciate his best friend telling him that it sucked. Regardless if she was usually right. "It's idiotic."

Clint pouted and Natasha gave a sigh. "I mean mistletoe, seriously? Who even uses that stuff anymore? And how do you even plan on using it? Just stick a load up around the tower and hope for the best?" Okay, maybe she had a point. "Mistletoe is a traditional Christmas plant and I haven't thought that far ahead yet." She gave another sigh and shook her head at him. "Exactly Clint, you haven't thought this through at all."

Clint decided to ignore Natasha's opinion and instead develop his totally awesome plan. In the end, he was pretty damn proud of his creativeness.

"Oh my god Barton, what are you wearing?!"

It was Christmas Eve and Clint had decided to put his plan into action.

The Avengers were having a small party to celebrate and everyone was getting into the festive spirit in one way or another. Tony had a Santa hat, Natasha had antlers, Bruce a particularly gaudy Christmas jumper and Clint? Well, Clint had a piece of Mistletoe dangling from a wire that he'd attached to a headband.

"Seriously Clint?" Natasha was sat with Pepper and Jane and shaking her head at him. "Trust me, Nat I'm a genius."

"Someone's a little desperate for some action tonight!" Tony grinned from where he sat precariously on the arm of the chair Bruce was sat in. "Well, it's certainly a creative solution." The scientist mused. Tony only laughed harder. "Well, that's one word for it."

Before Clint could snap a reply he became distracted by Steve, Bucky and Sam's entrance.

"Clint man." Sam laughed, shaking his head and making the bells on his elf hat jingle. Steve just stood staring at him in confusion but Bucky gave a soft smile, one of the crooked genuine one's that made his whole face light up. The one's Clint had fallen in love with. "Cute."

"Hey, Barton. If you can actually get a kiss out of that thing I will give you a hundred bucks." Rhodey declared, offering his hand to shake. "Ooh, I'll second that," Tony called. Clint laughed. Two hundred dollars and a kiss from Bucky. This was set to be a good night.

The drinks were flowing and everyone was enjoying themselves. Clint found himself chatting with an overly cheerful Jane.

"He keeps watching you ya know." She observed, causing Clint to raise an eyebrow. "Who does?" She gave him an amused look.
"Barnes."

Clint glanced over to find Bucky quickly glancing away, blushing slightly. He smiled triumphantly to himself.