Ch. 4 | Friend Date

[ Third Person POV ]

Hwayoung smiled and hummed as she typed on her keyboard.

" Oh? Good morning, Taehyung! Have a great day! " She giggled and went back on doing her work.

" Yeah...good morning to you too..? "

As soon as she finished her work, Taehyung called her to come inside his office.

" What's up? You need anything? " Hwayoung asked as she went inside.

" ....uh yeah...can you help me organize the papers inside the file according to the dates," He pointed at the files.

" Yes sir! " She saluted and marched her way to the files.

" ....You're so hyper today," He stated as he stared at her from the moment she went in.

" Really? Nah, what're you talking about? I'm always like this," She shrugged her shoulder.

Both of them continued doing their own business until Hwayoung exclaimed in victory.

" I'm done! It's lunchtime, aren't you gonna eat? Health is more important than work, you know," Hwayoung crossed her arms as if she was scolding Taehyung.

" So you're the boss of me now? " He raised one of his eyebrows.

" Huh? No I mean, I'm telling you this as a friend should do," She laughed it off.

" As a friend should do.." He mumbled. " Nah, I'll pass," He shooked his head and continue his work.

" ...I just advised you and yet you're still skipping it," She sighed and shooked her head. " Your loss then," She said and was about to leave.

" I'll eat if you're willing to eat with me," He called out.

" You're so childish," She chuckled. " Alright, Japchae and coke it is! " She continued and left the office as he smiled at what she said.

--

" Yo Areum! " Hwayoung exclaimed as soon as she saw her best friend.

" Yo Hwayoung! " She greeted back as they did their best friend handshake.

" How's Taehyung? " Jimin asked out of nowhere.

" What do you mean how's Taehyung? He's doing just fine..like how he usually is..? " She tilted her head.

" Oh, right! Of course he is. I haven't meet him today so might as well meet him after this," Jimin snapped his fingers.

" Yeah, sure you can! We're going to eat together anyway," Hwayoung shrugged her shoulder making Jimin gasped a little.

" Oh, nevermind- "

" You guys are going to eat together?! I wanna join! It's been awhile we didn't eat as a group," Areum said.

" Hey Areum! Did you forget what I told you yesterday? " Jimin suddenly said.

" Yesterday? What? You didn't say anything," Areum raised one of her eyebrows.

" Wah, I told you that I was going to take you on a date today! " He pouted.

" Wha- really? How come I didn't remember anything? " Areum scratched her head.

" We'll have a reunion next time. Sorry Hwayoung," Jimin apologized.

" Oh, it's fine. I'll get going now. You guys can go on your date," Hwayoung emphasized the date as she smirked at Areum causing her to lightly pushed Hwayoung.

--

Taehyung smiled as he ate infront of Hwayoung.

" You looked happy, what's up? " She chuckled.

" Hm? Well, it's been awhile we didn't eat together," He stated.

" Now that I think about it, you're right," She said, just then her phone vibrated.

Ichinie : Wanna go to the arcade after you finish your working hour?

Reading his message making a smile to appear on Hwayoung's face. They kept on texting each other until Taehyung dragged her back to reality.

" You shouldn't play your phone while eating, Hwayoung," He said.

" Oh, right. Sorry about that," She put her phone on the table as well as put it on silence.

He looked down as he bit his bottom lip a little.

" You have something in your mind? " She tilted her head.

" Not at all," He shooked his head. " So, just by looking at your attitude today, I assume last night's blind date worked out.... " He looked away and she smiled.

" Not really worked out the way how I expected it to work out," She stated causing him to be more confuse.

" So..are you guys together...or not? " He tilted his head.

" Together yet not together," She teased.

" Eyy Hwayoung, just tell me straight to the point. You're giving me a headache," He rubbed his temple causing her to laugh.

" He said that we make a good best friend together so I assume that I'm not his type of girls that he would date but I think I kinda passed his vibe so that's why we'll make a good friend together," She nodded.

" Huh...that's nice to hear," He commented. " I mean, it's nice to hear that he didn't do anything that can make you have a bad day," He added.

" Since when Mr. Kim care for me? " She teased him.

" Eyy, I always did. You just didn't realize it," He snapped his fingers.

--

" Yah, I didn't expect you to be this good," Seokjin complimented as Hwayoung ace all of the games.

" Let's just say, I have a best friend who's a gamer and she always invited me to play with her whenever she's bored," Hwayoung said.

" Woah, that's cool," He clapped his hands.

" This is our second time to talk to each other but we acted as if we've known other for years," She chuckled.

" It's better this way then being all awkward and shy! " He winked.

Being a gentleman he is, Seokjin sent Hwayoung back to her house and bid their goodbyes.

Hwayoung came inside only to meet Areum and Jimin hugging each other.

" Did I miss something or...? " She tilted her head causing them to separate from each other.

" Hwayoung! You're back," They said in unison and covered it with a nervous laugh.

" You guys are literally together," Hwayoung stated.

" We're not! " They protested.

" I don't think having some dates, hugging each other this late at night and spending your time together 24/7 are just friends," Hwayoung raised one of her eyebrows.

" Friends can do that! I mean, you also ate with Taehyung, you were always with Taehyung and you just spent you time with Seokjin at the arcade until this late at night," Areum pointed out.

" Hmm..." Hwayoung rubbed her chin.