Ch. 1 | CEO

[ Third Person POV ]

The sun radiates the strong heat that made people to be so drained out and shower in their own sweat.

It was extremely hot that you can even barely feel the air conditioner, Jung Hwayoung, who works as the secretary in KTH Company doesn't let her guard down and the sound of keyboard typing filled the room.

As today is officially a year of her working here, she's trying her best and give it all out on her work.

" And....DONE! " Hwayoung exclaimed and sighed as she clicked on the last button.

" Why is it so hot today? " She whined.

" Well, what do you expect? It's summer, Hwayoung," A voice said.

Turning to the source of the sound, her eyes met with her best friend, Lee Areum. She works at the same company as Hwayoung.

" I assume you've finish your work," Areum said as she saw her getting rest.

" You know me," Hwayoung snapped her fingers.

" Here's a reward for your hard work," Areum handed her a cup of iced lemon tea.

" Thanks! You're the best! " She thank her and gulped it down. " So, how's Jimin? " Hwayoung continued.

" Shh!! Someone might heard you! " Areum closed Hwayoung's mouth as she looked around, being cautious to her surrounding.

Hwayoung being the only person in the company to know Areum's big crush on the one and only Park Jimin, she didn't really know how the others doesn't realize that as Areum and Jimin literally sat next to each other and Areum usually act different to him.

" Oh? Here you are, Areum. I was looking for you," Jimin appeared out of nowhere.

" W-what? You were looking for me, why? " Areum asked as there's a red colour visible on her cheeks.

" Oh, nothing. I don't really have anyone to talk to except you," Jimin said as he put his arm around her shoulder.

" Go get a room, you two," Hwayoung squinted her eyes at them.

" Okay, sure! Let's go, Areum," He dragged her out of the room.

As the door closed, Hwayoung sighed at the silence and emptiness of the room. Because of being a secretary, her table was outside the room of the boss's office and there's no one in the room except for her.

" What was that noise just now? " A sudden deep voice said making her flinch.

" O-oh, it was just Areum and Jimin," She stated and he nodded.

" Do I have a meeting later? " Taehyung asked, being the CEO he is.

" Nope! You're free for the day! " Hwayoung exclaimed as she looked at her notepad where she wrote all the important dates and meetings for him.

" Ah! Finally, some rest," Taehyung stretched his arms. " Aren't you gonna go eat? It's lunch time already," He added.

" Hm? Oh, yeah sure," She shrugged her shoulder and tidy up her things. " Do you need or want anything? "

" You," He stated in his serious tone though Hwayoung didn't really show any reaction.

Taehyung burst out laughing.

" Sheesh, you're no fun, Hwayoung! At least react to it," He whined.

Though he is the CEO, he kinda act childish to the one he's close to. Like Hwayoung, Areum and Jimin for example. He asked them not to be so formal to him as they have the same age.

" How should I even react to that? It's so clichè and cringey," Hwayoung commented.

" Whatever! I'm gonna go back to work," He pouted and went back in to his office.

' Is he really the CEO here or what? ' She thought.

Hwayoung decided to go to the nearest cafè and ordered two cups of iced strawberry juice and grabbed some snacks at the food corner in their company.

She went inside the elevator and knocked on Taehyung's office.

" Here, energy booster," Hwayoung stated as she put the cup on top of his table.

" Thanks! "

--

" Why have I never seen Hwayoung being in a relationship before..? " Jimin tilted his head.

" Well, it's because she never did," Areum stated as she scrolled on her phone.

" What? Doesn't she feel bored about it? Like, you know, when you don't have someone who can light up your day, who listen to your day and bring joy to your life..? " Jimin said as he turned around on his office chair.

" Hm...now that I think about it, I never really asked her anything related to love before," Areum rubbed her chin.

" What about you? " Jimin asked.

" What about me? " Areum raised one of her eyebrows.

" Have you ever been in a relationship before? "

" Not really, I just don't have the courage to confess," She said.

" Oh, so you have a crush then! " Jimin exclaimed causing her to choke on air.

" W-what? I don't know what you're talking about," Areum looked away. " Ah! I have an idea! " She changed the topic.

" And that is..? " He tilted his head.

" We'll arrange a blind date for her," She smirked.

" I like the sound of that," Jimin nodded.

Both of them spent their time finding the perfect guy for her.

" This one seems nice," Areum commented.

" Tsk, I'm more nice than him," Jimin rolled his eyes.

" You're clearly not helping! " She sighed.

" What? Let me find one for her," Jimin snatched her phone and started searching while Areum just looked at him in disbelief.

--

Hwayoung was watching some drama when a knock was heard and Areum came in, running to her.

" What's up? " Hwayoung tilted her head.

" I arranged a blind date for you! " Areum stated.

" Y- you what?! " She exclaimed.

" What? I arranged a blind date for you, it's not a big deal. You guys just need to introduce each other and tell what you like and what you don't and if you don't like him then reject him, problem solve," Areum nodded her head.

" Why should I even go? " She raised one of her eyebrows.

" Don't you wanna feel sparks when you're with someone? Don't you wanna live on the rainbow or cloud 9? " Areum asked.

" I don't know what you're talking about but...sure? "

" Great! I'll text you the details later! " Areum went out of the room.

" What should I even wear..? " Hwayoung massaged her temple.

" You're having a blind date? " Taehyung said out of nowhere making her to flinch.

" God! You scared me! And what?! Were you eavesdropping on us? " Her eyes widened.

" Psh, why not? Anyway, we have to go now," He stated.

" What? To where? You don't have any meeting to go to today though? " She tilted her head.

" It's not business related, Jung Hwayoung. We're going to shop some outfit for your blind date," He smiled.