Snowed In [5]

Amos groaned into the kiss, mashing his lips against Sutton's. The man's mouth opened underneath his, breath that tasted slightly like orange juice washing over him. He grabbed the back of Sutton's head, curling his fingers over bristly hair, pressing their bodies against one another.

The man's hand came up to cup the back of his neck, the other landing on the small of his back. Their hips ground together in a familiar rhythm, hard lengths pressing against each other through the fabric of their pants.

It seemed to go on and on. Their tongues slid together, slick and writhing. Hands roamed. Explored. Amos pressed his leg between Sutton's, cupped that ass. Ground against him some more.

Sutton broke away and kissed his neck. "You gay or something, Amos Smith?"

He put the man's hand over his pounding erection. "You tell me."

Slanting his mouth back over Sutton's, he claimed the main, practically inhaling him into his body. His skin felt like it was burning up. Everything was so warm. It'd been so long since...He needed to slow down.

"You don't know how much I've thought about doing this," he murmured.

"About a day?"

"Yeah, but it feels longer than that." He trailed his lips all over Sutton's face, tracing the man's face. He kissed those sharp cheekbones, that flat nose, and then that hardened jawline, running his tongue over the rough stubble. "I want inside you."

Sutton pulled back, stepping out of Amos's arms completely. "I don't bottom."

Amos bit his tongue. This had never happened to him before. He was so much bigger than all of the men he'd been with, so it'd only been natural for him to top. But then again, Sutton was big, too. He took a step toward Sutton, but the man flinched. Took another step back.

Amos tried to smile. "That's okay. I can-"

"I don't do casual, either."

"Who said this had to be casual?"

"It's kinda implied, isn't it?"

"What? How is-"

"Snow doesn't last forever, Amos." Sutton didn't back down. "And I don't...bottom. Ever. So you might as well forget it."

He could see the pain, the hurt, in those brown eyes. Whatever had happened to Sutton had done a number on the man. Maybe it was recent. Maybe it went back way back when. He didn't know. But he wanted to.

More than anything, though, he wanted Sutton to trust him. If the man just wanted to be friends, then he'd take what he could get. Because this man already had a hold on his heart that wouldn't be letting go anytime soon.

"I'm going outside. For a little while."

"Sutton, I-"

"I just need room to breathe right now, Amos."

Amos opened his mouth to say something but then shut it. He grabbed a beer from the fridge and leaned against the counter, taking a long pull. Sutton came back into the kitchen a few moments later, wearing his boots and jacket. He didn't look at Amos as he quietly shut the door to the garage.

He didn't know how long he kept looking at that closed door, but he averted his eyes eventually. For awhile, he thought about taking the blankets on the couch and bringing them out to Sutton, but he didn't want to bother the guy. Besides, the blankets would get damp. That wouldn't be a problem if Sutton were in his bed tonight, but after what had happened, Amos didn't think it would happen anytime soon.

So he sat down at the table and did the equivalent of twiddling his thumbs. He carved. He added details to his bear, chipped the wood for some fur and claws, and took so much time on teeth that were about half a centimeter long his eyes started to burn.