Chapter 3

I showed up to therapy group a little early so I sat down in the waiting room on one of the couches.

The waiting room was pretty empty with a few other people that had also showed up early. The only sound was the quiet music playing in the room and the people behind the desk typing.

I was staring out the window when I saw Michael walk in. He had his sunglass on and was wearing mostly black. He plopped down in one of the chairs. He had his ear buds in and was nodding his head to the beat.

I laid my head on the couch until we were all told we could go back for group.

After putting my stuff away, I headed into the room and plopped down in my usual spot. Right near the door. Just in case I wanted to run out. I always thought about it, even though I never followed through.

Michael walked in and sat down in the chair next to me. I groaned silently. There were other chairs open.

He looked over at me and smirked a little. I rolled my eyes.

"Someone doesn't like me sitting next to them." He says.

"Just leave me alone."

He chuckles softly. "Whatever you say princess."

I glare at him but before I could respond, Marcy walks in.

"Alright, let's get started. "

After group, I headed to grab my stuff. I could feel someone lingering behind me.

I turned around to be faced with Michael.

"Seriously, what do you want?" I asked with an annoyed tone.

"Someone's sassy."

I rolled my eyes, throwing my bag over my shoulder. Starting to walk out.

Of course he followed me.

I stood outside, waiting for my mom. I looked around, not seeing her car.

After texting her, I found out she was pulled into work unexpectedly and couldn't get me. She asked if I could get a ride from someone and I lied, saying yes.

I really didn't have a ride.

Ashton was busy with his family, Luke was tutoring kids at school and Calum didn't have a car. The only other person I knew was Michael.

I turned around to see him smoking a cigarette. I cringed a little, walking over to him.

"Michael?"

He looked up. "Mhm?"

Fuck, I really didn't want to ask him.

I looked down before back at him. "Can you give me a ride? My mom can't get me."

He nodded, which surprised me.

After he put out his cigarette, he led me to his car where he unlocked it. I got in and put my seat belt on.

I told him my address but he chuckled a little.

"I know where you live."

I gave him a weird look and he chuckled again.

"I'm not a stalker, we just live in the same neighborhood."

I nodded and he started to drive.

I honestly never knew that he had been living in the same neighborhood as me.

Michael turned his radio on which happened to be playing greenday. I hummed along to the music quietly. Michael tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.

Soon we pulled up to my house and I got out.

"Thanks for the ride." I said.

He gave me a smile. "Anytime princess."

I watched as he drove off.

He is really going to be the death of me.