Chapter 7

I mentally groaned when I realized I had to face Michael at therapy group. It had been a couples days since I last saw him.

After getting changed and throwing my hair into a messy bun, I made my way to the car with my mom.

"Do you wanna talk about anything?" Mom asked as she started to drive.

I shook my head, keeping my gaze out the window. I really didn't want to talk about any of it. I just wanted to go back home and lay in my bed.

When we got to the building, mom dropped my off out front.

"I'll see you in a little while."

I nodded and said goodbye, before heading inside. I made my way down the hallway and into the room.

When I opened the door, I realized there was only one other person in there.

Michael.

I kept quiet and sat down in my spot, starting to mess with the bracelets on my wrist. I could feel him move and sit down next to me. Both of us were silent at first before he started to talk.

"I'm sorry for leaving you confused." He said, his voice sounded a bit worried.

I looked up at him to look into his eyes.

"Why did you leave me there?" My voice sounded a little pathetic. I sounded like a little kid.

Michael scratched the back of his neck nervously before speaking again.

"I really like you Taylor. And I wanna get closer to you." He said.

I looked at him again. "You like me?"

He nodded, a soft smile on his lips.

"Yeah, I've always wanted to get to know you since I first saw you here."

My heart skipped a beat.

"But why did you act the way you did towards me? You gave me such mixed feelings."

He sighed a little, running his fingers through his hair.

"I don't know how to show people I care for them."

I nodded.

"I'm not good at relationships." I said. "I always end up getting my heart hurt."

Michael looked at me sadly, taking in my words.

"I promise we don't have to jump into anything. We can take things slow."

I nodded and gave him a smile.

"I would like that."

Michael smiled back at me.

Therapy group went surprisingly well. For once I actually listened. Throughout the group, I exchanged smiles with Michael.
__
The next day at school, I made my way to my locker. A huge smile was on my face.

Luke came over and leaned against the lockers next to mine.

"Hey."

I jumped a little before realizing who it was. "Oh, hey."

Luke laughed a bit. "What's got you so smiley today?"

I shrugged, grabbing the things I needed from my locker. Turning my back, starting to walk down the hallway. Luke caught my arm before I got too far.

"Hey, tell me what's up." He said.

"Ugh, fine."

I pulled Luke to a secluded area before talking.

"Michael and I are sorta a thing."

Luke's eyes bulged out of his head. "Wait, really!?"

I nodded. Nervous of what Luke would say.

He smiled a little and pulled me into a hug. "I'm happy for you."

I hugged him back and smiled. "Thank you."

We pulled apart before Luke said "I won't hesitate to hurt him if he hurts you though. That's a promise."

I laughed and nodded. "Thank you for always being here for me."

Luke smiled. "Of course."
___
Well its been awhile since I updated this book last. Lost motivation on this but I think I really wanna start writing this book again. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and feel free to check out my other books<3