Chapter Two

Emily sat at her desk working on some homework that was due the next day when she entered the homeroom. She was too focused on her work that she didn't even notice her white cat climb onto the window seal. The cat slid through the girl's belongings that sat on the bookshelf in front of the window as he sat on a book looking outside at the empty street. The cat watched for any movement on the streets below but he too was focused that he didn't notice that his tail had dipped over a small plant that landed on the floor with a thud. Emily and the cat both jumped up in surprise as Emily looked to the window only to look down to see the small plant had crushed on the floor.

She felt something furry brush against her leg as she looked down her leg. Her cat purred against her leg as Emily began to scold him, “Damn it, Gibson. That's the three plant this month. When will you learn?” The cat looked up at her with his crystal clear eyes as he continued to purr without a care. She could only sigh as she picked up her cat and cuddled him to her crest, letting her mind wonder about as Gibson snuggled up to her.

“At least you still love me, right?” Emily asked Gibson as he rubbed his face against her chin showing his unconditional love for his owner. She smiled petting his small, furry body. He then settled onto to her lap where he would remain while she continued with her work. It was silence in the room except for the cat's purrs and the scribble sounds of Emily's pencil against paper. While they remained unaware of the two shadowy figures finishing their last meal of the night just two streets down from Emily's house in a empty alleyway.

The body of a woman dropped to the ground, now lifeless. The man above the dead body moaned as he savored the woman's body swirling around in his mouth, slowly shallowing the blood as it filled his need for the night.

“Are you finished yet?” The younger man asked, swaying back and forth impatiently.

“Yeah, I'm done.” The older man said with a slight of annoyance in his voice.

“Good. I want to check up on something before we head back home.”

“Well, lead the way.” The oldest followed the youngest as they hopped from rooftop to rooftop until they came upon the roof of Emily's home. The youngest went up to her window and looked inside to find her working while her cat sat comfortably on her lap. He crunched down onto his knees and watched Emily very carefully as she began to get right for bed. He watched her every movement until she leave the room leaving her cat settled in on her bed.

“So, when you gotta claim her? Or is she just for entertainment?” The oldest asked as he perched next to his younger friend. The youngest glared at him before speaking, “She's just someone who I've seen around a few times and though she would be interesting.”

“Well for one thing, she isn't that interesting in my opinion, two you've been following her around for like six months now, and three you don't know anything about this girl. What is she to you anyways? Just some eye candy?” The oldest questioned as he stood.

“No, it's not like that at all. Anyway, if this is boring you then you can skittle on home to others. And you can tell Leeteuk that I'll be late tonight. So goodnight, Yesung.” The youngest said turning his attention to the girl sleeping soundly in her bed.

“Look, Ryeowook. I didn't--”

“Just leave it.” Ryeowook mumbled.

Yesung sighed and perched next to his friend again and look around the deserted neighborhood as the residents were tucked in their own beds and sleeping safe and sound. A few moments passed by when both men heard a low growl come from the street below. There stood a stray dog, it's eyes on both Yesung and Ryeowook as it growled loudly. It started barking, showing its small canines to the men. Both of them look to each other then to the dog and started to crawl to the edge of the rooftop. As they got to the edge, both men hissed and growled at the dog as they showed it their sharp fangs and massive canines. The dog began to whimper as their were the more dominant predators and scurried down the street.

“We should get home. It's getting late and others are expecting us.” Yesung suggested as the dog scurried out of view. Ryeowook nodded in agreement as they both stood and hopped from rooftop to rooftop in the direction of their home where their leader would be awaiting their arrival.