Caught

I'm Edward Jones, but you can call me Ed. Although this happened to me forty years, I'll never forget this incident.
        This happened when I was sixteen years old. I was a very mischievous as I kid.
           Stealing was like a drug to me, because I was really addicted to stealing.
        I got detention a lot for stealing things from my classrooms. However these detentions didn't stop me, but Emmerane did.
           One night, I think it was Monday,I was driving down the steets,when I saw a girl across the street.
          It was dark, but I could tell she was looking at me. Her eyes and hair were blacker than the night sky above. Her skin was whiter than a dove.
I smiled and waved at her, then drove to a Walmart, which is two miles from my home.
        When I arrived at my school, I went to a car, whose window was down, and started taking some valuables out of it.
As I took an Android iPhone, I heard a girl say, "I've only lived in this town for a day, but I'm pretty sure that what you're doing is illegal".
Trying to be smug, I said, "Mind your own business, sweetheart". When I looked at her, my heart stopped, realizing she was the same girl I saw on the street.
How could she possibly get here so fast? It takes about ten to fifteen minutes to arrive at Walmart on foot.
As fast as I could, I ran into my car, but when I tried to open the door of my car it wouldn't open, although it was unlocked.
I looked back, and I saw she was following me. I pulled out a knife out of my pocket, and I threw it at her.
To my horror, she caught it and smashed it with her own hand.
I ran faster than I did my whole life away from her. I ran to the woods.
After what felt like forever, I was in the woods, hiding from this girl.
I was breathing hardly and holding my tears. It seemed I lost her, so I stood up, and all of a sudden.
Someone pushed me against a tree. It was her. She glared at me. I was too scared too scream.
         She hissed at me, showing that she had sharp fangs,then took the valuables I stole from the car( a wallet, two packs of gum, a bag of gummy worms, and a match of cigars).
All of a sudden, she was gone. I stood up, when all of a sudden I was laying on my bed, in my bedroom, with a sticky note on my shirt.

Next time I won't be as forgiving. Try to not take things that don't belong to you. Have sweet dreams

,love Emmerane