101

Lonesome flats was beautifully decorated, with glitter, confetti, streamers, paper flowers, tables, all set for the spring festival tomorrow.

"Maybe right there," Petal pointed at one of the branches on a tree.

Mallory lifted herself up with her golden blonde hair and hung a piñata on the branch Petal was pointing at.

"Actually, over there," Petal pointed at a different branch.

Mallory moved the piñata. "Is that good?"

"Wait, no, over there," Petal pointed at another branch.

"Which branch do you want it on, Petal?" Mallory asked, a bit frustrated.

"The one I am pointing at!!!"

Mallory hung the piñata where Petal wanted it to be. "There, is that good enough?"

Petal sighed of relief. "Yeah, I think it is."

Mallory lowered herself and sighed. "We've done a lot of work today preparing for this festival. I think I'm done for the day."

"Yeah," Petal agreed. "We've put so much into this, I can not wait for dad to see all this. It'll cheer him right up!"

"Your dad does seem to be pessimistic,  so yeah, I can see that. I really hope he appreciates it!" Mallory smiled.

The sun started to set. Whenever it did, it looked beautiful on Petal's pastel pink skin. Her blue-purple hair dimmed the light a little, while her white dress slightly brightened her look. She was unlike the other country trolls, who would say she looked like she got "beat up by a rainbow." Mallory was in love with the color and wished it was bright and beautiful like that, while she had light blue skin, beautiful, golden blonde hair, and a full beige outfit.

"Well," Mallory said, "I'm going to hit the hay. I'll meet you at the spring fest tomorrow, bright and early!"

Petal smiled and waved. "See you tomorrow!"

The night went calmly, with Petal falling fast asleep in peace.

The next morning, Petal woke up and sprung out of bed. She got herself well ready for the day, because it was going to be wonderful.

Her father was still in bed, like always. Petal quietly walked into his bedroom, ready to wake him up for the festival, when Petal found a piece of paper on the floor. It looked like it was ripped out of a book.

She hesitated a little, but then Petal picked up the paper and quietly walked out of the bedroom.

Petal ran to her bedroom where she would be all by herself. She read the note, word by word...